• filter:

eBay mistakenly restricted extreme issues

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So on 8/17 eBay did a 7 day restricting on my account mistakenly. I called them right awaythey figured out they were wrong stating I was trying to do outiside sales with my site in my eBay message signature but no one checked to see the site link went to my eBay shop.

Of course they hid listings and have not Been able to get it right since. I went from 20-30 sales each consistently for years but now I'm lucky to get 8, which are either repeat customers or those who have my item on a watch or sales off of new listings I have done.

They keep telling me everything is working but need to inhide listings, now this has happened 4 times. Each time I have to give it 24 hrs before I will begin see a difference they say. Today I made 2 sales so I went to go see what's happening and nothing is showing in my shop.

The amount of money I have lost to their error is tremendous this is my bread and butter for my family. I'm. It sure what to do. If I should get s lawyer.

Any thoughts?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you get a lawyer you will be throwing good money into a pit. It sounds like the fact that eBay restricted your account is now affecting the promotion of your listings. You can try and call eBay again and ask for a supervisor and calmly and politely tell them what happened. I also suggest you list your items on other sites besides eBay. I sold over 100 items a month on eBay for several years until their constant changes ruined all of my listings. Fortunately I also sell on Amazon. After I quite eBay, Paypal called me and asked why my volume went down so much! If you rely on selling online for your livelihood then look into the Amazon FBA (Fulfilled by Amazon) program. It is the only way to get any real traction on Amazon. Good luck

rated:
Change your  eBay message signature to be the eBay shop url directly.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017