• filter:

Are you an eBay seller?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I do not offer returns.
eBay said a buyer changed mind and wants to return the item, buyer will pay return costs.
It is a prepaid Boostmobile cell phone.
Buyer was asked before I answered the return request "has it been opened" buyer replys it has not been activated, thus meaning yes it has been opended

ON THE RETURN REQUEST
One of the choices I have to give eBay is
"Decline the returnThis will automatically close the buyer's request."

Does that end the buyers ability to return the item?
I have not yet answered the return request

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
If you sell on eBay, you accept returns. (Even if you write you don't in your listings and click the box that you don't)

But to answer your question, yes it will close their request but --

They can still open a "not as described" claim and then return it.

Or they can dispute with their credit card and get it returned.

I'd just factor in a few returns in your business plan versus wasting time when one comes up.

Good luck!

rated:
He knows that. I don't know why he is asking the question.

rated:
Look at your return policy on the listing, if the buyer requested a return after the return policy you can decline it.

rated:
lyubomirb said:   Look at your return policy on the listing, if the buyer requested a return after the return policy you can decline it.
Buyer can always get a return. eBay, like Amazon is pro buyer. Your return policy means squat.

Bye fatwallet.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017