New Star Wars TV Shows on ABC

Archived From: Star Wars Forum
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
New Star Wars TV Shows on ABC

This would be a live-action Star Wars unlike "Rebels" or "Clone Wars". This isn't the first time either - before the property was bought by Disney there was a prequel series in production described as "Deadwood in Space" (which, at least to me, sounds a lot like "Firefly".) No word is this series would be related or something completely similar. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary

I have been wanting a Star Wars tv series for many, many years. I guess they finally have the technology at that level to make it happen.

Misgivings I have. You can have too much of a good thing.

Thinking about it, a TV show set during the Death Star construction could be fun. Just the day to day stuff. Darth Vader getting mad because people keep leaving takeout containers in the elevators etc.

Make the Empire Great Again!

ganda said:   Thinking about it, a TV show set during the Death Star construction could be fun. Just the day to day stuff. Darth Vader getting mad because people keep leaving takeout containers in the elevators etc.

Expandng: We could get a sitcom "Temps in Space" about the temporary employees and contractors (just like the one mentioned in Clerks) who are working on the second Death Star. When the series is canceled, they just blow it up, which brings up how evil the Alliance is.

Meet Dave, the TIE Fighter mechanic, who thinks his wife is fooling around with the guy from Empire Pizzeria on Deck 172.

They should set it on the Death Star and invite the industry Star Wars geeks you wouldn't trust with a SW movie (Kevin Smith, Simon Pegg etc) write/direct an episode.

One episode should be the Galactic Health & Safety Department visiting the Death Star and noting all the code violations.

Automatic doors that open to blind drops?
Thigh high safety railings on flimsy gantries over gaping chasms?

ganda said:   One episode should be the Galactic Health & Safety Department visiting the Death Star and noting all the code violations.

"I saw a monster in your trash compactor."
"Here's 20 credits."
"Monster pile of trash I mean."

kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   One episode should be the Galactic Health & Safety Department visiting the Death Star and noting all the code violations.

"Here's 20 credits."

"We put it there on purpose as part of our Go Green, Go Team! recycling infinitive. I can have HR send you an information pack if you'd like?"

eta: "We're on Target to reduce our Carbonite foot print by 20% this fiscal quarter"

ganda said:   
kamalktk said:   

"Here's 20 credits."

"We put it there on purpose as part of our Go Green, Go Team! recycling infinitive. I can have HR send you an information pack if you'd like?"

eta: "We're on Target to reduce our Carbonite foot print by 20% this fiscal quarter"

I'm pretty sure blowing up planets isn't being green.

George Lucas says he wants to spend 50 million per tv episode, which is way too much until costs come down.

kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   
kamalktk said:   

"Here's 20 credits."

eta: "We're on Target to reduce our Carbonite foot print by 20% this fiscal quarter"

I'm pretty sure blowing up planets isn't being green.

Subcontracted work for a Vogon HOV lane.

It will be like a Modern Family Star Wars adaptation.

riznick said:   George Lucas says he wants to spend 50 million per tv episode, which is way too much until costs come down.
  Well, I'm not sure if George Lucas is still involved at this point. It might be a completely different idea at work. 

After selling Lucasfilm to Disney in 2012, his role has greatly diminished, to the point where he's referred to the relationship as a divorce. The episode budget would be $5-6 million, not $50 million, regardless of what he's said in the past.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017