• filter:

Take a Selfie with Admiral Ackbar

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Star Wars Unveils AR Find the Force Ahead of Force Friday II

Star Wars has an augmented reality program for Force Friday II. From September 1st through 3rd. customers can download the Star Wars app onto their phone. By scanning the Find the Force logo in a participating retailer, they can unlock a Star Wars character who appears in the environment with them, allowing users to take pictures and even videos of the characters to share across social media. Apparently they are using this platform to unveil and generate interest in the new characters of "The Last Jedi" (fifteen in total).

https://youtu.be/6ZITTNO9gB8

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: OFF TOPIC, STAR WARS FORUM. — Sep. 23, 2017 @ 12:50am
Member Summary
Staff Summary

rated:
The app is a trap.

rated:
Many Kardashians died to bring us this instagram.  

rated:
<== I was expecting to see one of these guys.

rated:
There's a time to attack, and a time to retreat. And now is not the time to be brave. ( from "Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Water War )

rated:
Virgil27 said:   From September 1st through 3rd. 

On Sept 1st the largest ever LEGO set will be revealed, a ~7500 piece Millennium Falcon. Save your (many) benjamins.

rated:
someone will put their kid on it to take a pic and it will fall apart

rated:
morecowbell said:   someone will put their kid on it to take a pic and it will fall apart

Then she REALLY may not look like much... but will she still have it where it counts?

rated:
ganda said:   

On Sept 1st the largest ever LEGO set will be revealed, a ~7500 piece Millennium Falcon. Save your (many) benjamins.

$800! *cough* link

rated:
ganda said:   ganda said:   

On Sept 1st the largest ever LEGO set will be revealed, a ~7500 piece Millennium Falcon. Save your (many) benjamins.

$800! *cough* link

That's cheap for LEGO.

rated:
Cheap and LEGO - two words not usually in the same sentence...

rated:
kamalktk said:   
ganda said:   
ganda said:   

$800! *cough* link

That's cheap for LEGO

It's too much for a single set. I have quite a lot of the big LEGO sets, but $800? No.

I had an original UCS Falcon that I sold when the value hit $1500 but I can't imagine Disney allowing this new version to be scarce.

rated:
ganda said:   ganda said:   

$800! *cough* link

$0.10667 per LEGO piece. Is that something that will beat inflation? New bitcoin?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017