• filter:

Star Wars Force Friday II Event Begins Tonight At Select B&M Stores: Target, Toys R Us, The Disney Store, Walmart, etc.

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

1 (64.12kB)
Disclaimer
Apparently, there was a Force Friday I...

In celebration of the upcoming Episode VIII: The Last Jedi movie, tonight at midnight will be the first opportunity to shop the brand-new toys, collectibles, books, apparel, etc. during the Star Wars Force Friday II event beginning midnight today at many stores (September 1st at 12:01am to be exact). Every store has it's own activities, freebees, giveaway and schedule, with some opening midnight tonight, some part of tomorrow, some all day tomorrow, some all weekend, and some all month, so check each store's website for more detail.

For example, Targét will have
     - 100+ new items (e.g., toys, collectibles, apparel, books and products exclusive to Targét)
     - Lots of exclusive giveaways (free Funko POP! Star Wars T-shirts and movie posters)
     - Fun activities for kids
In select stores only. Search your location here: www.target.com/store-locator/find-stores?lto=sw&lnk=BringYourRey...  Participating Targét stores will state "Our store will be hosting Star Wars Force Friday Midnight Event on 9/1. On 8/31 our store will remain open until 2 a.m. on 9/1."

Other stores are participating in the Force Friday II midnight event:
Guide to US stores' giveaways, events, etc: www.starwars.com/news/force-friday-ii-guide-to-events-giveaways-... 
All will have access to the Find the Force online augmented reality scavenger hunt game

- Meijer (230+ stores) www.meijer.com/t1/star-wars/T1-893.uts?icid=StarWarsURL 

- T0ys R Us (free Funko POP! t-shirt, free collectible poster+ a free poster giveaway each month until the movie is released. Excludes Toys”R”Us Outlet & Express stores) www.toysrus.com/toys/events/movie-hq?movie=lastjedi 

- The Disnéy Store (sweepstakes, free poster with purchase, giveaways, story time, R2-D2 drawing class, etc. at participating stores, but only Times Square NYC, Michigan Ave Chicago., and Stockton St. San Francisco open at midnight) www.disneystore.com/force-friday/mn/1025030/ 

- WaImart (select stores to host weekend parking lot event, more stores to have giveaways, tech demonstrations, etc.) www.walmart.com/cp/Star-Wars/1229472 

Stores not participating in Force Friday II will begin selling the new merchandise starting Friday during regular business hours (e.g., Béd Bath & Beyond, Bést Buy, Books-a-MiIIion, Brookst0ne, GaméStop, Hot Topicfye  , JC Pennéy, K0hl's, LEG0). For example, tomorrow, AppIe stores are offering a number of Star Wars–themed sessions (e.g., learn how to code with BB-8, create your own Star Wars movie trailer, code with BB-8, create your own "Star Wars" trailer in iMovie, etc.). www.apple.com/today/collection/star-wars 

- Full international list of stores carrying the new merchandise starting tomorrow is here: http://cdnvideo.dolimg.com/cdn_assets/e58bd4ebc1c06f6921480cbfcb... 

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: DEAL DISCUSSION, STAR WARS FORUM. — Sep. 24, 2017 @ 12:15am
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
If you are interested in drones, I'd skip the Air Hogs and go with these new Propel drones. They are pricier but suppose... (more)

Virgil27 (Sep. 07, 2017 @ 8:35p) |

Not too interested in drones, but those do look pretty awesome!  Ok, now my wife is really going to come over there and ... (more)

Mulox (Sep. 07, 2017 @ 8:57p) |

Fortunately it's a long drive from Atlanta to Beloit . . .

Virgil27 (Sep. 07, 2017 @ 9:36p) |

Staff Summary

rated:
ComingSoon.net has some good content on the upcoming toys here, here and here. Here's an overview of what I've seen from their coverage that interests me this Force Friday, what has me curious, and what has me scratching my head.

Here's what I'm excited about so far: 

1) LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Millennium Falcon - This is why ctgolfer mentioned a couple of weeks ago in Off-Topic. It's a huge (7541) piece recreation of Han Solo's ship, complete with mini-figures from both trilogies. It's not available till October 1st (or September 14th for LEGO Members) and it costs $799.99, but man, is it awesome. Check out the video below for more details:

https://youtu.be/bmuU5lgGJYY

2) Looks like there will be a Lego BB8. Not sure what the price range will be, but it sure does look cool.

3) Noticed all the deals on the Sphero BB-8 lately? Well, it seems like the plunky droid is last year's model. There seems to be an evil Imperial version of the droid, called BB-9E. And of course, he'll have his own Sphero model. Not sure what kind of features he'll have, but I do like the black paint job and design.

Things I'm curious about:

1) Looks like the Praetorian Guards are making an appearance too, and based on their action figures, it seems they'll, well, see some action. They've been a major part of the Expanded Universe, but I don't think we've ever seen them fight in the movies. Maybe this well change? 

2) This is the new Lego assault walker. It's supposed to be agile than their clanky Empire Strikes Back counterparts. Could be a cool set piece for the movie. We'll see.

3) Want to see a hamster crossed with a chicken? Look no further than the Porg. I'm guessing they are hoping these are the new Ewoks, and while I'm curious how they figure how they figure into the plot (they appear with Chewbacca a lot), I'm trying to fight my cynicism this is an especially cheap cash grab based on their cutesy appearance. 

Things I'm not excited about:

1) Captain Phasma and Kylo Ren Voice Modifier Masks - Okay, I'm one of the few people who actually likes the Chewbacca Mask. I have one and it's quite a lot of fun (though my co-workers think otherwise). That said, the reason, the Chewbacca mask works . . . is because it's Chewbacca, and I can't see that much of demand for people in rush to sound like Brienne of Tarth. But maybe I'm wrong and it'll be the next big thing . . . 

2) Force Link:  The Force Link looks a lot like a stripped-down version of last year's Force Band from Sphero. It's cool that it's compatible with multiple figures and action sets, but I get the impression it's making the noises . . . not the figures themselves, so it seems like a gmmick you have to buy in order to get the most out of the toys.

Those are my thoughts. Is anyone going to Force Friday events? What are you excited about from the new Star Wars toys?

rated:
If you are in/near this Orlando WaImart during this event...

"The six-foot-tall model of Luke Skywalker from Star Wars: The Force Awakens made out of 36,743 LEGO bricks will be unveiled at our Orlando, FL, store (11250 E Colonial Dr, Orlando, FL 32817). The creation was first unveiled at San Diego Comic-Con and has been on a six-city nationwide Walmart store tour. Don’t miss your chance to see it in person at its final location!"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd1yg9pfJ-0

rated:
Is it just me? I am not seeing too much worth getting excited over today. I saw Target is offering $10 off $50 or more and $25 off $100 or more on all SW items...

rated:
Mulox said:   Is it just me? I am not seeing too much worth getting excited over today. I saw Target is offering $10 off $50 or more and $25 off $100 or more on all SW items...
Well, deal-wise, I don't think we'll see much. Remember, a lot of this is new merchandise. You'll see the occasional markdown on older versions of models - like GameStop's sale here - but I don't think we see much budging on the price until at least November for the Black Friday season. Also, several items, including Star Wars Battlefront II, the full-sized Hero BB-8 and the Ultimate Millennium Falcon, won't be out for a month or two. 

rated:
Yeah I didn't expect to find any real deals... just looking for anything of moderate interest. FF2 seems kinda ho-hum, but maybe it's because I own 2 of everything already, LOL

rated:
Mulox said:   Yeah I didn't expect to find any real deals... just looking for anything of moderate interest. FF2 seems kinda ho-hum, but maybe it's because I own 2 of everything already, LOL
Yeah, the Ultimate LEGO Millennium Falcon is pretty cool . . . but I'm not enough of a LEGO fan (or possessing enough cash) for that. The Hero BB-8 looks pretty cool, but it's not out yet. The Sphero BB-9E is sorta neat, but feels more like a retread of the same toy with a nice paint job. Same with R2D2. And the porgs look like a pointless cash grab.

rated:
Well I decided to see what my local Target had on display and managed to score a decent deal on a black series ForceFX Luke Skywalker episode 7 lightsaber.
They had it for $150, and I pricematched to Walmart for 119, plus got the $25 GC making it $95 (and only 95 cents tax since I used Redcard)
I think the best price on this so far was $100

rated:
Mulox said:   Well I decided to see what my local Target had on display and managed to score a decent deal on a black series ForceFX Luke Skywalker episode 7 lightsaber.
They had it for $150, and I pricematched to Walmart for 119, plus got the $25 GC making it $95 (and only 95 cents tax since I used Redcard)

Good job! Did you download the Star Wars and try the Find the Force promo where you an activate a Star Wars character in your camera? I'm very tempted to try to get a selfie with Admiral Ackbar this weekend. 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
Mulox said:   Well I decided to see what my local Target had on display and managed to score a decent deal on a black series ForceFX Luke Skywalker episode 7 lightsaber.

Good job! Did you download the Star Wars and try the Find the Force promo where you an activate a Star Wars character in your camera? I'm very tempted to try to get a selfie with Admiral Ackbar this weekend. 

Thanks. Unfortunately I didn't realize there was a huge download needed inside the Star Wars app and by the time it finished downloading I was already done checking out and didn't feel like going back throughout the store.
It says you can do it tomorrow and Sunday as well, so I may go back, but I have higher priorities this weekend... Dragon Con!!  

rated:

Very impressed. Let us know what you think of it... unless you purchased as a collectable never to be opened.

Virgil27;19958706 said:Good job! Did you download the Star Wars and try the Find the Force promo where you an activate a Star Wars character in your camera? I'm very tempted to try to get a selfie with Admiral Ackbar this weekend. 

do it. Do it. DO IT!... then post it here

www.starwars.com/games-apps/star-wars-app 

No pressure

rated:
Oh I already opened the lightsaber, will probably take it with me to the DC parade tomorrow...

rated:
Mulox said:   Oh I already opened the lightsaber, will probably take it with me to the DC parade tomorrow...
  Are you marching in the parade by chance? 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
Mulox said:   Oh I already opened the lightsaber, will probably take it with me to the DC parade tomorrow...

No, not this year... I would like to someday.  I do have a high end Vader costume but the helmet needs modded for parade use, as there is virtually no visibility and it gets really tough to keep on after about 10-15 minutes (lenses fog up, and just plain uncomfortable)

rated:
Pics from the parade...

rated:
Mulox said:   
Virgil27 said:   

No, not this year... I would like to someday.  I do have a high end Vader costume but the helmet needs modded for parade use, as there is virtually no visibility and it gets really tough to keep on after about 10-15 minutes (lenses fog up, and just plain uncomfortable)

If you ever want to do an X-Wing pilot for next year's parade, they have a high end X-Wing pilot helmet complete with noises: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Dameron-Electronic-X-Wing/dp/B0... I'm thinking about using it for Halloween.   

rated:
Yeah I saw that... looks really cool! Target has it for same price, but you can get $10 GC through Saturday, plus Redcard makes it tax free for me. Or add a $20 SW item as filler to get $25 back.
BTW my wife curses you for 'twisting my arm' to buy yet another SW item, LOL!

rated:
Mulox said:   Yeah I saw that... looks really cool! Target has it for same price, but you can get $10 GC through Saturday, plus Redcard makes it tax free for me. Or add a $20 SW item as filler to get $25 back.

Yesssss . . . buy more Star Wars stuff . . . you know you need more . . . come to the Dark Side . . . 

rated:
Virgil27 said:   
Mulox said:   Yeah I saw that... looks really cool! Target has it for same price, but you can get $10 GC through Saturday, plus Redcard makes it tax free for me. Or add a $20 SW item as filler to get $25 back.

Yesssss . . . buy more Star Wars stuff . . . you know you need more . . . come to the Dark Side . . . 

Must.... resist.... stop... adding.... to cart....  the force is strong with this one

rated:
For my filler to get to 100, trying to decide between these 2:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-episode-7-16x20-canvas/-/A-17...

https://www.target.com/p/air-hogs-star-wars-remote-control-zero-...

Reviews have not been that great on Air Hogs...

rated:
Mulox said:   For my filler to get to 100, trying to decide between these 2:

https://www.target.com/p/star-wars-episode-7-16x20-canvas/-/A-17369648

https://www.target.com/p/air-hogs-star-wars-remote-control-zero-gravity-tie-advance-x1/-/A-17474396

If you are interested in drones, I'd skip the Air Hogs and go with these new Propel drones. They are pricier but supposedly easier to pilot - https://www.propelsw.com/

rated:
Virgil27 said:   

https://www.target.com/p/air-hogs-star-wars-remote-control-zero-gravity-tie-advance-x1/-/A-17474396 

If you are interested in drones, I'd skip the Air Hogs and go with these new Propel drones. They are pricier but supposedly easier to pilot - https://www.propelsw.com/

Not too interested in drones, but those do look pretty awesome!  Ok, now my wife is really going to come over there and hurt you... 

rated:
Mulox said:   
Virgil27 said:   

Not too interested in drones, but those do look pretty awesome!  Ok, now my wife is really going to come over there and hurt you... 

Fortunately it's a long drive from Atlanta to Beloit . . . 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017