• filter:

XBOX 360 s (slim) 250GB hard drives from Ebay - will you get banned??????

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I bought the 4GB Xbox360S (Slim) w/ Kinect Bundle and love it, but forsee the space running out quickly. The official Microsoft HD's go for about ~$130 for 250GB's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eBay has a lot of DIY (do-it-yourself) 250HD's made in both China/Hong Kong and the USA (I'm only looking at USA sellers).
Examples
- $72.08 - http://cgi.ebay.com/250gb-HDD-Hard-Drive-Xbox-360-S-Slim-US-Sell...

- $74.95 - http://cgi.ebay.com/MICROSOFT-XBOX-360-SLIM-250-GB-HARD-DRIVE-25...

These drives are NOT made to play illegal copies of games; instead, they're "flahsed" to appear digitally as a Microsoft hard drive. My question is if anyone here knows of these drives causing people to be banned from XBOX live????????????????

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Has anyone been banned because of these drives? No.
Could MS ban you for using one of these drives? Sure, they can do whatever they want.
Will MS ban people for using these drives? Doubt it.

rated:
Thanks for that, you opinion seems to be pretty consistent with what has been said elsewhere.

It appears the "flashing process" requires using a copy of a unique identifier given to individual HDD's and that Microsoft could probably easily track down the duplicates floating around out there. From my understanding lots of people have been getting this drives for years starting with the fat boxes and now with the stealthboxes.

I'm thinking I'll chance it. If I go through with it I'll let the forum know how things go. The idea of paying MS $130 for only 250gb's is ridiculous.

rated:
MountieHoo1105 said:   Thanks for that, you opinion seems to be pretty consistent with what has been said elsewhere.

It appears the "flashing process" requires using a copy of a unique identifier given to individual HDD's and that Microsoft could probably easily track down the duplicates floating around out there. From my understanding lots of people have been getting this drives for years starting with the fat boxes and now with the stealthboxes.

I'm thinking I'll chance it. If I go through with it I'll let the forum know how things go. The idea of paying MS $130 for only 250gb's is ridiculous.

I've had one for over a year, no issue other than the knockoffs generally don't partition the drives properly for backwards-compatility with Original Xbox games. If you don't care about BC, or if you're willing to pick up a cheap OEM 20GB used for that purpose, then I say go for it.

rated:
The point is you can do it yourself if you want to, just search youtube or the net.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017