• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Some person claimed to be calling from lycos claiming that my lycos email was hacked and that my email was sending out spam and vius infected emails and that people were complaining.  I haven't used that email in years and told them to just lock it or something.  They told me i needed to close it on my end?   Then they told me I needed to give info to close it and that it would take half an hour.  This sounded fishy to me. Don't email companies just lock the account and not let a person in?  Please let me know if I was just weird or if it was some phishing attack.  Thank you.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, TECHNOLOGY. — Oct. 21, 2016 @ 5:52pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The chances of them calling you are close to zero. And they would never ask you for information if it was really them.

They NEVER call about email hacks. Don't bother

thank you both. I just didn't like the fact that the person on the other line was from some kind of call center and saying that I had to the the closing of account and whatnot. I told them i was busy and it was dinner time and to call 3 hours later. They had the nerve to say they won't be able to do that.

Thank you both again.

You would be wise to at least log in and change the password.
I have had similar experiences in my email accounts (no phone calls) ... just a ton of spam indications in a couple of accounts.
I deleted the spam indications without opening them and changed my password. Problem solved based on checking back a week later.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
    Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016