iPhone 7 and 7s Announcement!

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Should You Buy The iPhone 7
Disclaimer
Hey all, we just did a piece on the iPhone 7 announcement and all of its new features, and we wanna know what you think of the news! Personally, I'm an Android user for life, so I'm more of a casual observer of Apple's antics.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Yeah, I know I need the SIM card. I was just wondering if anyone else sold one like Apple does on their website totally... (more)

raceman73 (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 6:54p) |

You can buy the Verizon model, which is unlocked but does not work with T-Mobile.

forbin4040 (Nov. 27, 2016 @ 9:35a) |

Thanks for the tip.

raceman73 (Nov. 27, 2016 @ 3:20p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very helpful. A polite way of telling us not to buy the iphone and for the right reasons.

Thanks! I mean, I don't hate Apple or the iPhone or anything, but it just feels like they strapped on a lot of extras for no reason other than their self-gratifying "bravery" in the tech sphere. I am digging the Airpod memes coming out of this announcement, though.

I was planning to switch to the iPhone, but I have my doubts with the new device. Maybe I should get a 6 instead...

Their explanation for removing the headphone jack seems like self righteous bs. I was expecting them to say something like, "it's the only way to make the phone thinner or something". Instead, it sounds like "we want to gouge our brainless sheep."

Also, I prefer the mechanical button. I'm not happy with them removing that.

The new airpods look dumb. Samsung has something similar that looks much better. I guess it should come down to which one is more comfortable. (I don't know which is better in that dept).

I do not want a wireless headphones, but a wireless charger.

The next iteration of the Iphone 7 would have an audio jack. Lol.

I am personally not the fan of iPhone so it is not related to me.

My thoughts on the headphone jack is that I don't care. I haven't used wired headphones in years and I don't use Square or Paypal Here or anything that requires the jack, so that's no loss to me. The water resistance is a nice feature as in the camera deal, but other than that, I see no compelling reason to upgrade from a 6 of any kind to a 7. Now if you're using a 5, eh, maybe. I have a 6s Plus and I'm perfectly content with it. I'm curious to see if the omission of the headphone jack will hurt sales or if the hardcore Apple fanboys (and girls) will keep buying it anyway.

Yeah, I don't see the omission of a headphone jack as a big deal, either.  Given that bluetooth headphones can be had for cheap and you aren't forced to buy them from Apple, it seems like the next logical step in the progression to all things smaller...

Now when they changed charging ports from the 30-pin to lightning, that really annoyed me...

I use wired headphones all the time when I'm on the go, so if I get an iPhone 7 I would just attach the lightning adapter to my wired headphones, problem solved. When I'm at home I use bluetooth headphones so that's no a problem either.

This reminds me of when the iMac got rid of a bunch of legacy ports in favor of USB. There was outrage in the short term, but in the long run it was clearly a smart decision. Although in this case I would have preferred two lightning ports on the iPhone 7.

Using the lightning adapter, could be a hassle. Some of the Apple Fanatics are claiming that Apple is the first company to remove the standard headphone jack. I recall having to have those adapters on phones in the late 90s and early 2000s in order to use standard headset devices.

Companies make unpopular decisions that sometimes turn out to be smart decisions and sometimes turn out to be dumb decisions. Sometimes, they have good reasons and sometimes they give very poor reasons (like this time around). This may be a jump the shark moment for Apple. Apple's opened itself up to speculation with it's poor reasoning. Fortunately for Apple, Samsung phones are exploding... So there's that.

I was waiting for the iPhone launch to buy a iPhone 7 and decided to hold off. I'm contemplating getting the iPhone 6 instead.

I just realized that Square uses the headphone jack (As well as the phone as a base). Wow that's going to suck for them.

Yeah, that's not a good thing for those that use Square and stuff. Wonder if that adapter will work for that too??

raceman73 said:   Yeah, that's not a good thing for those that use Square and stuff. Wonder if that adapter will work for that too??
The adapter does work.
http://www.macworld.com/article/3117649/hardware/dont-worry-squa...

I am looking to get the iphone 7 but what recently came to mind is what it be possible to have the aux connection in my car and charge the phone at the same time is there going to be an adapter for that?

sayianwarrior said:   I am looking to get the iphone 7 but what recently came to mind is what it be possible to have the aux connection in my car and charge the phone at the same time is there going to be an adapter for that?
  Yes but right now those are going for about $30 non prime.

https://www.amazon.com/Lightning-Adapter-iPhone-iPhone7-Extensio...

This is a good post thanks! Apple's ads are all about how much "everybody is ready for the new iphone" and nothing about what the actual phone's changes, improvements and functions are.

Slightly related if anyone is still reading this post: Does anyone know if there are any sellers of the unlocked, SIM-free version of the iPhone that Apple sells online at it's store? I've been told that the Verizon version is essentially the same thing, but I don't know.

Sim free? None , you need a sim to use LTE

Yeah, I know I need the SIM card. I was just wondering if anyone else sold one like Apple does on their website totally unlocked, contract free.

You can buy the Verizon model, which is unlocked but does not work with T-Mobile.

Thanks for the tip.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017