Mystery email question

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
.This is a real poser for me.  Two smartphones, same version of Yahoo Mail on each.  One shows a certain email the other doesn't.  Both show the other emails in the in-box.  Any guesses?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A view setting inside the app? If you go to the yahoo site on a PC does the email show?

minidrag said:   A view setting inside the app? If you go to the yahoo site on a PC does the email show?

Yep, shows OK on a PC. This is a known sender and I have several older emails from them that show up fine. Also there is a clickable link in all of them that works OK, so the mystery one is not a phantom.

Thanks for your reply.

I tend to be cautious about updating my smartphone's apps, and when I go to Google Play to see which of my phone's apps say they have an update available, I take a good look at the customer comments/ratings for that new version of the app, and in the last year I have seen quite a number of comments from people who say that they are having problems with some of their emails not showing up on one phone but showing up on another phone (though it's the same email account), or not all showing up on their phone but all showing up on their desktop version of the email program.

(I believe those comments were about Chrome and Gmail, as I do not have a Yahoo standalone app on my phone.)

I rarely use email over my phone, but my impression, based on those customer complaints, is that this must be a common-enough problem that one wouldn't want to rely on a phone app to show the entire picture from one's email account, without double-checking the account from time to time from a desktop/laptop.

---
If it is the dedicated app for Yahoo Mail that is not showing you everything, if you sign in to Yahoo by going through the internet browser on the phone, does that show you all the emails that you ought to see?

---
Google's helpdesk reply to most of the app complaints that I've read is to delete the data cache of the app and re-set the settings, or something like that. You could try that.

You could also uninstall the app completely, or at least take it back to the original version that was on the phone, and then do a check for updates and reinstall those, so that you have the latest version again.

---
Also, this topic probably has some proposed solutions at the Yahoo customer complaints forum or whatever that would be called.

Maybe you have conversations enabled on 1 and not the other?

forbin4040 said:   Maybe you have conversations enabled on 1 and not the other?
  Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was thinking.  On both phones go through each option inside the app to check for any differences.

Took some time to try your suggestions, but nothing worked.  Thanks for the replies.

Did you try 'search' and see if it comes up on the one that doesn't show it?

FMB1 said:   Took some time to try your suggestions, but nothing worked.  Thanks for the replies.
If you sign into Yahoo webmail from the internet browser on the affected phone, instead of using the Yahoo app on that phone, does that way to access Yahoo show all the emails you should be seeing?

Did you delete the data cache of the app on the affected phone, and reset the app's settings? 

Did you uninstall the app on the affected phone and reinstall it?

Did you check out if there are other customer complaints about this on the Yahoo help/support discussion forum? 

Did you report your issue to Yahoo Support?

oppidum said:   
FMB1 said:   Took some time to try your suggestions, but nothing worked.  Thanks for the replies.
If you sign into Yahoo webmail from the internet browser on the affected phone, instead of using the Yahoo app on that phone, does that way to access Yahoo show all the emails you should be seeing?

Did you delete the data cache of the app on the affected phone, and reset the app's settings? 

Did you uninstall the app on the affected phone and reinstall it?

Did you check out if there are other customer complaints about this on the Yahoo help/support discussion forum? 

Did you report your issue to Yahoo Support?

Yeah, these are the kind of things I was thinking. You can spend some time to try the following suggestions. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017