• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Does anyone know of a good inexpensive DVD player up to about $59? I have returned a few to Amazon and am at a loss when they break down before 30 days. All I want is HDMI connectivity and durability because we use it a lot.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: DEAL DISCUSSION, TECHNOLOGY. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 6:20pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
I always buy multi-region or one that can be programmed multi-region. Start here, ( http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dvdplayer=&hits=50&best=List+a... and work backwords to find your availability / price

rated:
wow a dvd player that breaks down under 30 days. Try a BluRay player, those are about $50 and can play dvds.

rated:

rated:
Thanks to all. Took a replacement one more time on the Samsung DVD player. If it performs well it can stay...if not next stop Blu-Ray...Thanks for all the advice.

rated:
I was just at a Goodwill the other night.  They had 4 dvd players.  1 vhs player.  and 1 combo vhs/dvd player.

Never hurts to check local places like that if you just need something cheap.

rated:
backsplatter said:   I was just at a Goodwill the other night.  They had 4 dvd players.  1 vhs player.  and 1 combo vhs/dvd player.

Never hurts to check local places like that if you just need something cheap.

  And who says they 'work' haha.
Most donations of electronics are usually because they are broken.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
backsplatter said:   I was just at a Goodwill the other night.  They had 4 dvd players.  1 vhs player.  and 1 combo vhs/dvd player.

Never hurts to check local places like that if you just need something cheap.

  And who says they 'work' haha.
Most donations of electronics are usually because they are broken.

  That is a good point!

Some places you can check.   There was 4 PC flight simulator type joysticks from the 90's and an old scanner too. 

Last time I donated electronics there was cleaning out a closet. 

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
backsplatter said:   I was just at a Goodwill the other night.  They had 4 dvd players.  1 vhs player.  and 1 combo vhs/dvd player.

Never hurts to check local places like that if you just need something cheap.

  And who says they 'work' haha.
Most donations of electronics are usually because they are broken.

I assume they are checked to see if they power on, at least.

If they work, you got a deal. If they don't, you made a donation to a worthy cause.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   wow a dvd player that breaks down under 30 days. Try a BluRay player, those are about $50 and can play dvds.
  Hopefully OP is watching original DVD content.  Some newer DVDs have Cinavia protection if you copy them which Blu-ray players do not like one bit

rated:
Lots of cheap used DVD players at Goodwill.

rated:
Hey there

If you just need a DVD player, you'll be happy to know that it's going obsolete. that means generally speaking, a regular DVD player is pretty affordable even without the deals. Even last generation HD blu-ray players now fall well under the budget of a regular person like you or me. Did you check out regular stores like WalMart, Sears, walgreen, bestbuy, Target, new egg, Macy's? With a bit of searching, you can easily get one between 50-80 bucks. 

 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016