• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not sure what I'm looking for hubby says i5 with nividia graphics card? daughter likes to game and is looking to eventually get a drawing pad to hook up to computer. So I need something that can handle all that, but we are on a budget.  Any help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.
Please and thank you-

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Drawing pads don't draw a lot of power/cpu. Just go to hotdeals and find your perfect lappy.

rated:
The big issue will be the "gaming." What types of games does the daughter like to play? If it's casual games like Candy Crush of Facebook, almost any PC/laptop will do. If it's more AAA or MMO games, like Overwatch or World of Warcraft, you may want something with a powerful graphics card.

What's the budget? Are you looking to keep your existing monitor, or do you need a new monitor as well?

rated:
An i5 processor is a solid processor. I would check Newegg dot com, they have great deals.

rated:
Gaming on a desktop doesn't require an i5 processor, an i3 will work just fine.  It has more to do with the video card.  You need a powerhouse to play the latest games with all settings maxed out for the best picture...

Not saying an i5 isn't a solid processor, just pointing out that you can save about $100 by getting an i3.  You're going to need a good video card with either one for serious gaming.

rated:
A "mid-level" gaming desktop I would say is something with i7-6700, 8GB+ ram, Radeon 760 or better video. For something like that you are looking to pay about $700-$800 during a sale. If you take that spec down one notch, you are looking at about $500.

I did a search and didn't find a deal at the moment but you can usually find one of this every week from either HP or Dell. Keep a tab on FW and other deal site.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016