• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hey - 

So about two weeks ago I got the dreaded boot loop on my Nexus 5x (See here). I sent it in to LG who wants to charge me $160 to repair my phone in large part because there is small crack in the corner of the screen. To boot, they have assured me they have the parts to fix the boot loop but are being cagey about it until I agree to the "full repair" since they don't do partial repairs. 

Now my options are pay 150 for a moto g4 or pay 160 for my Nexus 5x back which is better than the moto g4. I guess I can also go to a local shop, but if LG is low on parts, I can't imagine a local repairs shop will have them. 

So is it worth repairing, or should I cut my losses. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
IMHO Pay the $160

rated:
Agreed.  The way I interpret it is you're paying $10 for a 5x which you feel is better than a g4.  Seems like an easy choice to me...  $10 is noise level...

rated:
I guess - the issue is that as far as I understand LG phones are a walking bootloop timebomb. I might get a year out of my refurbished 5x ... or I might not.

rated:
AvatarZ said:   I guess - the issue is that as far as I understand LG phones are a walking bootloop timebomb. I might get a year out of my refurbished 5x ... or I might not.

Maybe check if they're actually fixing your phone, or giving you a replacement one. If they've actually fixed the hardware issue, the 5X should be fine.

I own a Moto G4 Plus, and while it's a decent phone for the price, it's missing a few features I just recently found a little annoying. It doesn't have a compass, which I found out when I wanted to use Sky Maps while on vacation. It also doesn't have an NFC chip, so no Android Pay. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016