• filter:

Is the Pebbles watch dead?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Fitbit to aquire Pebbles's intellectual property related to software and firmware but excluding hardware -

https://investor.fitbit.com/press/press-releases/press-release-d...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yes

rated:
I somehow went through life until today not knowing what a Pebbles Smartwatch was.

When I saw the thread title, I assumed a Pebbles Watch was a really nice cereal box premium.

rated:
Pebble is no longer selling hardware. Existing hardware will continue to function for now.

rated:
So the fit bit is going to come out with a smart watch version? Needed!

I have an old Metawatch. Went out of business a year ago but parts are still being sold so I'm good until something better comes around for about $50

rated:
The top of pebble.com it says:
"Pebble has ceased its daily operations, and is no longer producing or selling smartwatches. For more information, please visit blog.pebble.com"

on the blog they have more detailed statement including:

Pebble is no longer promoting, manufacturing, or selling any devices.
Pebble devices will continue to work as normal. No immediate changes to the Pebble user experience will happen at this time.
Pebble functionality or service quality may be reduced in the future.
Kickstarter backers who have not received their rewards will receive a full refund by December 16, 2016 to their credit cards. No further action is needed. For more information, please visit our Support page.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   So the fit bit is going to come out with a smart watch version? Needed!

I have an old Metawatch. Went out of business a year ago but parts are still being sold so I'm good until something better comes around for about $50

??  Their surge is meant to be one already.  Unless you're not qualifying notifications/texts as smartwatch.  But Garmin's usually listed as second in smartwatch sales with similar features.

I have a Fenix 3 HR, I would just like competition to increase and pull down prices.  The new apple watch added decent features and can be cheaper than Fenix but still has super short (relative) battery life.

rated:
Well I forgot about the FB Surge because it's $170. I was looking for Pre $100 price point, the Pebble was that after a year.

rated:
That way my first smartwatch, until the Apple Watch came along!!

rated:
I will miss my pebble watch updates.. it was so nice to reply while you're swimming or in the shower.. great watch!

rated:
Apple watch is great for quick responses and not having to pick up your watch all the time...but alot of people use fitbit because of the challenges with their friends/family

rated:
Luniz97 said:   Apple watch is great for quick responses and not having to pick up your watch all the time...but alot of people use fitbit because of the challenges with their friends/family
  You should get another Apple watch so that it can recieve notifications from your first watch so that you don't have to check it as much.

rated:
r.i.p. pebble gone way too soon

rated:
"Pebble has ceased its daily operations and is no longer producing or selling smartwatches. For more information, please visit blog.pebble.com."

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017