• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Any input appreciated!
Confusion ensued post reading all reviews so I came to the source, here, for help.
Before bank accounts are added with all company info, I need a security.
Ideally, I would like one that has support available w/out having to wait.

Where to start?

While I am posting, any suggestions on back up storage? 
Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Either I just had a stroke or I don't understand a word you just typed.

rated:
Jacie said:   
Ideally, I would like one that has support available w/out having to wait.

That doesn't exist.  I mean, I suppose there are some very high premium programs out there with short waits for support, but you'll pay more than any SMB can afford for it.

Vipre has US based support.  I think Webroot does, too.

Are you using a Windows domain?  If so, use SRP with whitelisting.  It's already there and it's better than anything else you can do.

Are you in IT at all or are you just trying to run a business and hoping you can figure the IT stuff out on your own?

rated:
Thanks. Windows10. My husband was doing it but I am going to be. Quickbook 2016.Intuit. if that makes a difference. What I meant by no wait was the ability to contact, understand the person speaking, within a reasonable time. No disrespect intended.

Not IT just took a two day course on Quickbook

rated:
Trend Micro offers an "Ultimate Service Plan" which includes antivirus and emergency suppot:
http://shop.trendmicro.com/support/2016/
Get 24x7 Emergency Support For All Your Devices

PCs, laptops, smartphones, tablets, cameras, printers, scanners, game consoles–your home is more complicated than ever. Our highly trained and qualified technical staff can make a "virtual house call", any time, day or night, to remotely diagnose and fix your problem. Help is always just a phone call or click away.

It's mainly for home/home office use though:
Both Premium and Premium Plus Service plans are intended for use by home and home/office customers only. As such, Support cannot be provided for beta software, computers running server operating system or that have been configured to run in a corporate LAN environment. Trend Micro Support Services are provided on a "best efforts" basis and for some issues, such as those relating to hardware defects and licensing or account management issues from third party providers, you may need to be referred to the manufacturer or provider for support.

Depending on the size of your company, something like Dell Secureworks may be a better fit, although it's undoubtedly more expensive:
http://go.secureworks.com/SMB-Threat-Intel-Report

rated:
Jacie said:   Thanks. Windows10. My husband was doing it but I am going to be. Quickbook 2016.Intuit. if that makes a difference. What I meant by no wait was the ability to contact, understand the person speaking, within a reasonable time. No disrespect intended.

So just a single PC with QB?  I'd go with Webroot.  It's not very expensive and support is US based.

rated:
minidrag said:   
Jacie said:   Thanks. Windows10. My husband was doing it but I am going to be. Quickbook 2016.Intuit. if that makes a difference. What I meant by no wait was the ability to contact, understand the person speaking, within a reasonable time. No disrespect intended.

So just a single PC with QB?  I'd go with Webroot.  It's not very expensive and support is US based.

Yes.  Thank you for your suggestion.  Much appreciated. Another question, for a physical backup system I need separate software, if so, are they universally compatible?

rated:
Jacie said:   
minidrag said:   

Yes.  Thank you for your suggestion.  Much appreciated. Another question, for a physical backup system I need separate software, if so, are they universally compatible?

Yes, you should use something other than Windows for your backup.  No, most backup programs are not compatible with other programs.  There are a lot of options out there for backup and I'm sure you'll find many people that will tell you their favorite is the best.  Whatever you decide on, test it every now and then.  Don't just run it and assume it's working.

Veeam Endpoint Free is a good one.  Macrium Reflect is another popular one that has a free version.

rated:
SO helpful Minidrag.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017