iPhone Jailbreaks

Archived From: Technology
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Anyone know if there are any working jailbreaks for iPhones out there?  I currently have the 6s Plus running 10.0.1.  I'm Wondering if I should go on and upgrade to 10.2 and hope for the best.  I've been searching all over the web and can't seem to get a decent answer, so I figured I'd ask here first.  Thanks!!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm not active in the jailbreak scene and I never was very active to begin with, but from what I recall, your chances are always better at finding a successful jailbreak with an older iOS version.

In other words, upgrading to iOS 10.2 is going to make it that much harder / make you wait that much longer until you find a working jailbreak.

Same goes for hardware, at least it used to.  Knowing the way Apple operates, I doubt that's changed at all in your favor...

Yes, each hardware and OS upgrade eliminates known exploits, for security reasons (if you can get root access, then a malicious app or website could too).

The reasons for jailbreaking continue to diminish too, as Apple keeps adding features to iOS.

That said, there appears to be a jailbreak for iOS 10.1-10.1.1:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/12/how-to-jailbreak-ios-10-iphon...

There doesn't appear to be an easy way to upgrade to 10.1.1 if you're not already on it though, since Apple stopped signing that version of the firmware. 
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/12/apple-stops-signing-ios-10-1-...

A jailbreak for 10.2 seems even less likely:
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2016/09/ios-10-jailbreak-status-updat...
Well-known hacker and researcher, Luca Todesco, has warned users who are interested in jailbreaking iPhones or iPads to avoid upgrading to iOS 10.2 in a series of tweets. Apple seems to have patched several vulnerabilities that could be used to jailbreak iOS 10, which will make jailbreaking iOS 10.2 even more difficult.

Yeah, sadly, this is mostly information I've pretty much already found. Grr... And this is why I haven't upgraded yet because I was holding out that something would come along. I've seen where you can download the old OS files from sites and install them on the device, but I have to say that scares the heck out of me. I'm too afraid I'll ruin something. Usually I'll experiment on my old iPads first, but haven't tried that yet. Oh well...this is the only thing that aggravates the crap out of me versus using an Android phone!!!

Your not afraid of being hacked?

Not really, no.

And what do to avoid being hacked? Because you're downloading software that is not standard

If there is any doubt, using iTunes to restore the device will reset factory permissions, remove any jailbreak and install all default applications.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017