• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Need help from experts here. we will be moving to optimum service area and not fios service around.
Spoke to their sales team and chatted online also, they don't have anything special for new customer.
All they offered was $44.95 for 60 Mbps service. they also wanted $60 installation charge.
even though i threaten them to go to verizon but they didn't buzz.
So fatwalleter, please advise how to get a better deal.
worst case i am thinking to signup for triple play with $250 gift card offer then downgrade to internet once i receive the gift card. 
i hope they can downgrade the service to $44.95 deal and shouldn't charge for technician visit.
has anybody done this before and what do you recommend?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I have Optimum and very happy I do. I "paid" $50 for the installation, but it was reimbursed so I didn't look into getting it waived. Honestly, I think having their internet is worth the installation cost. The guy also set up an HD antenna while he was there. It's something you could do yourself really easily, but he told me where the best place to put it was and he hung it up and organized the cords. Nice savings of about 30 min of my time.

Don't rent their router/modem though. Buy your own and you'll save a good amount over time. You may want to opt for the $250 gift card, just read the terms. They generally don't have lock-in contracts, but it could be different since they're offering cash up front that's more than the cost of one month's service.

rated:
I've had optimum for 30 years thru all its various transitions because we don't get reception without it and no other company services here. They are rotten and really don't care if you leave them (perhaps because they have a captive audience.) If you're on facebook, or do some research, there are cordcutter news that advise on the best ways to get internet and tv. If you do sign with them though, mind the fine print on cancellation if you get the giftcard and most definitely get your own router/modem.

rated:
You could sign up for the Triple Play, and then downgrade after you get the gift card. BUT when you downgrade you're not guaranteed to get the $45 offer, that is a special price for the first year. Here is internet only standard pricing...

Package | Non-promo Price
======================================
Optimum 10 ( 10/ 1) | $ 25
Optimum 25 ( 25/ 5) | $ 60
Optimum 60 ( 60/25) | $ 65
Optimum 100 (100/35) | $ 70
Optimum 200 (200/35) | $ 80
Optimum 300 (300/35) | $115

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017