• filter:

Is there a headphone that adjusts TV volume while volume on TV set stays normal?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I looked at TV Ears and I don't think this is what I want. I want to raise the volume only for the person wearing the headphones while those not wearing them can heat at a normal volume.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
That is how it works, TV Ears contains their own Amplifier
However they use the Headphone or RCA out on the TV and those might be connected to the TV remote.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   That is how it works, TV Ears contains their own Amplifier
However they use the Headphone or RCA out on the TV and those might be connected to the TV remote.

I think what forbin is saying is that because the TV Ears contain an amplifier, they do what you want as you can adjust the TV Ears volume up or down without impacting the television volume. 

It's possible that adjusting the TV volume will also adjust the TV Ears volume (I think it depends on whether the TV output going to the TV Ears is line level or not).  Regardless of whether or not this is the case, the TV Ears should still be able to be adjusted up or down without impacting the TV volume.

Make sense?

rated:
Adjusting the TV ears volume without inpacting the television volume is exactly what I am looking for. I guess I will give them a try. Wish there was a cheaper alternative that wasn't so bulky looking.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017