• filter:

Smart Home

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Last week a Vivant rep stopped by the house. He sold us on the package that includes indoor cameras, outdoor cameras, video doorbell, smart deadbolt, smart garage door opener and some other small things. We really like the setup and convenience of it all.

But the more time that passes the more I feel like we should be doing this ourselves and not paying them $80 month. We have until tomorrow to cancel and void the contract. This prompted some research.

My question are;
How do these things work with the Echo? Echo is simply a controller for the system? We would need a hub to actually manage and operate the setup?

With our current system, we have a main panel which operates everything in conjunction with an android app. If I'm understanding correctly, we would still need a hub to manage the devices. Can you help recommend one? Leaning toward the Samsung SmartThings based on my research.

The hub is compatible with a lot of different brands. Is it easy to mix and match products or is it best to stick to a single brand?

Any other tips, tricks, thoughts or resources would be much appreciated.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
jasondeggleston said:   
we have until tomorrow to cancel and void the contract. This prompted some research.

cancel it now - do research - then resign or not

rated:
Consider that some of those things may simply be "cool" to have, but once you have them you might not actually use them or find they are worth the monthly fee.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017