I admit it: I hate travel. My ideal vacation is a staycation, which means spending more time with my cat and dogs while I read and draw. I do, however, love seeing pictures of exotic places that are far, far away (like Minnesota). So....
I thought it would be fun to have a thread to show off some cool vacation pics. Where have you been? What was it like? Would you recommend a trip there for others? And don't forget any funny stories. (How many of you have been locked out of your hotel room with little or nothing on? Fess up!)
Since I don't travel, I don't have any pics. I'm content to live my travel life vicariously.
In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics?
posted: Aug. 24, 2016 @ 8:30p
pitflyer said: In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics? wow fantastic! That's really great experience ever. lol
Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
posted: Aug. 24, 2016 @ 8:49p
pitflyer said: In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics? Thats a terrible experience. A city every few days? Are the pics the insides of random office buildings and cabs?
just a salad for me
posted: Aug. 26, 2016 @ 8:17a
Two kangaroos monkeying around (Australia) Disclaimer
Where Chicken McNuggets come from (Australia) Disclaimer
They call the bathroom what's it's supposed to be called (Denmark) Disclaimer
- Switzerland (Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken, Jungfrau, Geneva) - France (Paris) - Spain (Barcelona) - Italy (Florence, Pisa, Rome) - Denmark (Copenhagen) - Puerto Rico (San Juan, Ponce, Arecibo, Culebra, Vieques) - Bahamas - Bermuda - Canada - India - Mexico
posted: Aug. 26, 2016 @ 11:13p
Many of my personal trips involve hiking so I'll list the particular hike in addition to any cities or regions of note:
- Nepal (hike - Gokyo Ri and Renjo La; Kathmandu) - New Zealand (Milford and Routeburn tracks) - Tasmania (Overland Track) - Japan (Kyoto, Hiroshima, Tokyo, Osaka) - Taiwan (Taipei) - Hong Kong - China (Shanghai - business only) - Philippines (Manila - business only) - Singapore - Tanzania (Kilimanjaro) - Morroco (Mt Toubkal, Marrakech) - Argentina (Buenos Aires) - Chile (Patagonia - Torres del Paine, Ushuaia, Tierra deal Fuego) - Peru (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu) - Scotland (West highland Way; Edinburgh; St Andrews) - Ireland ( Dingle Way; Dublin) - England (London,; Oxford; Liverpool) - Wales - Iceland (Landamanalaugar to Thorsmork hike) - Norway (Bergen; Oslo) - Switzerland ( Tour du Mont Blanc - goes through Switzerland, France and Italy; Zermatt) - France (Paris; the French Riviera - Nice, Monte Carlo, et al) - Belgium (Brussels; Brugges) - Spain (Barcelona; Madrid) - Netherlands (Amsterdam) - Germany (Cologne; Berlin) - Italy (Cinque Terre; Florence;Siena; Rome) -Czech Republic (Prague; Czesky Krumlov) - Austria (Vienna) - Poland (Warsaw; Kraków; Auschwitz) - Hungary (Budapest) - Macedonia (Skopje) - Bulgaria (Sofia) - Canada, Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras, Jamaica, El Salvador - all business only
I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well.
posted: Aug. 29, 2016 @ 7:20a
wdsaltman95 said: I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well.I'm jealous. Are you retired? Or self employed?
posted: Aug. 29, 2016 @ 8:06a
Heading to Japan for 3 weeks+ in Sept-Oct. Maybe I'll have some photos then.
posted: Aug. 29, 2016 @ 11:49a
Picked up my VW Jetta GLi at the factory in Wolfsburg, W. Germany 31 years ago. Drove it 2000+ miles thru 9 countries (W. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Netherlands) before it was shipped to the 10th country (USA).
Other countries visited throughout the years: Canada (West, East, Maritime), Mexico (Tijuana, Matamoros, Cozumel), Spain (including Canary Islands), Portugal (Lisbon, Azores), England, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Denmark, Bermuda, Bahamas, US VI (St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix), British VI (Tortola), Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, Sint Maarten / Saint Martin, Antigua, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Belize, Panama Canal, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Philippines (business trip), most of the US (including Alaska and Hawaii).
Leaving for 2+ weeks in Ireland and Northern Ireland on Friday.
December = Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados,
Next year's plan: Denmark, Norway, Shetland Islands, Iceland, and Newfound.
posted: Aug. 29, 2016 @ 1:23p
KayK said: wdsaltman95 said: I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well. I'm jealous. Are you retired? Or self employed? Self-employed CPA. I quit the corporate world after 18 years of practicing tax and now I only work Jan-early May on audits and tax to pay the bills. The rest of the year is open for travel and work/play outside on our farm.
posted: Aug. 31, 2016 @ 2:20a
I've only been to England and Wales. Didn't see any of either place because I was pretty much stuck in 2 different adorable cottages. I saw the airport in Birmingham and the drive to Shrewsbury and then just inside Wales. Didn't even go to a store or a restaurant, nothing! No, I'm not bitter...... my only trip outside of the US and i couldn't even tell i was in a different country. At least the cottages were exactly what I was hoping for.....
Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.
Members of our community may attach files to a post in accordance with the User Agreement. FatWallet is not responsible for the content, accuracy, completeness or validity of any information contained in any attached file. Files have *not* been scanned for viruses. Be especially wary of Excel files which may contain malicious content.
Earn Cash Back while you shop - just 3 simple steps.
1. Sign Up so we know who to pay! (It's FREE.)
2. Shop through FatWallet for deals from your favorite stores. Your online purchases earn Cash Back that builds in your FatWallet account.
3. Get Paid by requesting a payment via check or PayPal.
FatWallet coupons help you save more when shopping online. Use our Coupons Search to browse coupons and offers from thousands of stores, gathered into one convenient location.
As part of our FatWallet Community, you can share deals with almost a million shoppers in our forums. Forum content is generated by consumers for consumers. Share deals, money-saving tips, and more. It's FREE, fun, and addicting.
Our customer experience team is here around the clock - real people ready to assist.