Vacation Slide Show: Where Have You Been?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I admit it: I hate travel. My ideal vacation is a staycation, which means spending more time with my cat and dogs while I read and draw. I do, however, love seeing pictures of exotic places that are far, far away (like Minnesota). So....

I thought it would be fun to have a thread to show off some cool vacation pics. Where have you been? What was it like? Would you recommend a trip there for others? And don't forget any funny stories. (How many of you have been locked out of your hotel room with little or nothing on? Fess up!)

Since I don't travel, I don't have any pics. I'm content to live my travel life vicariously.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I do agree traveling is a lot of work. 18 overseas trips in the past 8 years, plus a good amount of U.S./Canada travel. Here's a list of the 18:

1. London, Paris
2. Tokyo
3. Hong Kong
4. Sydney
5. Dublin/Ireland
6. Munich
7. Venice
8. Madrid
9. Copenhagen
10. Reykjavik
11. Vienna/Prague/Budapest
12. Auckland
13. Zurich
14. Dubai
15. Amsterdam/Brussels
16. Milan
17. Stockholm/Helsinki
18. Edinburgh/Glasgow

Number 19 will be Shanghai in October.

I've ate at McDonald's at all these places, except Reykjavik. There are no McDonald's in Iceland. I had to settle for a place called Burgerjoint.

In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics?

pitflyer said:   In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics?
  wow fantastic! That's really great experience ever. lol

pitflyer said:   In the past six months I went to 56 cities in 18 countries on four continents.. Would you like some pics?
Thats a terrible experience. A city every few days? Are the pics the insides of random office buildings and cabs?

Two kangaroos monkeying around (Australia)
Disclaimer

Where Chicken McNuggets come from (Australia)
Disclaimer

They call the bathroom what's it's supposed to be called (Denmark)
Disclaimer

The Bovine Salute (New Zealand)
Disclaimer
A few of my favorite pics.

- Switzerland (Zurich, Lucerne, Interlaken, Jungfrau, Geneva)
- France (Paris)
- Spain (Barcelona)
- Italy (Florence, Pisa, Rome)
- Denmark (Copenhagen)
- Puerto Rico (San Juan, Ponce, Arecibo, Culebra, Vieques)
- Bahamas
- Bermuda
- Canada
- India
- Mexico

Many of my personal trips involve hiking so I'll list the particular hike in addition to any cities or regions of note:

- Nepal (hike - Gokyo Ri and Renjo La; Kathmandu)
- New Zealand (Milford and Routeburn tracks)
- Tasmania (Overland Track)
- Japan (Kyoto, Hiroshima, Tokyo, Osaka)
- Taiwan (Taipei)
- Hong Kong
- China (Shanghai - business only)
- Philippines (Manila - business only)
- Singapore
- Tanzania (Kilimanjaro)
- Morroco (Mt Toubkal, Marrakech)
- Argentina (Buenos Aires)
- Chile (Patagonia - Torres del Paine, Ushuaia, Tierra deal Fuego)
- Peru (Inca Trail to Machu Picchu)
- Scotland (West highland Way; Edinburgh; St Andrews)
- Ireland ( Dingle Way; Dublin)
- England (London,; Oxford; Liverpool)
- Wales
- Iceland (Landamanalaugar to Thorsmork hike)
- Norway (Bergen; Oslo)
- Switzerland ( Tour du Mont Blanc - goes through Switzerland, France and Italy; Zermatt)
- France (Paris; the French Riviera - Nice, Monte Carlo, et al)
- Belgium (Brussels; Brugges)
- Spain (Barcelona; Madrid)
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Germany (Cologne; Berlin)
- Italy (Cinque Terre; Florence;Siena; Rome)
-Czech Republic (Prague; Czesky Krumlov)
- Austria (Vienna)
- Poland (Warsaw; Kraków; Auschwitz)
- Hungary (Budapest)
- Macedonia (Skopje)
- Bulgaria (Sofia)
- Canada, Mexico, Nicaragua, Honduras, Jamaica, El Salvador - all business only

I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well.

wdsaltman95 said:   I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well.I'm jealous.
Are you retired? Or self employed?

Heading to Japan for 3 weeks+ in Sept-Oct. Maybe I'll have some photos then.

Picked up my VW Jetta GLi at the factory in Wolfsburg, W. Germany 31 years ago.  Drove it 2000+ miles thru 9 countries (W. Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, France, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Belgium, Netherlands) before it was shipped to the 10th country (USA).

Other countries visited throughout the years:  Canada (West, East, Maritime), Mexico (Tijuana, Matamoros, Cozumel), Spain (including Canary Islands), Portugal (Lisbon, Azores), England, Scotland, Wales, Norway, Denmark, Bermuda, Bahamas, US VI (St. Thomas, St. John, St. Croix), British VI (Tortola), Puerto Rico, St. Kitts, Sint Maarten / Saint Martin, Antigua, Grand Cayman, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Belize, Panama Canal, Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, Philippines (business trip), most of the US (including Alaska and Hawaii).

Leaving for 2+ weeks in Ireland and Northern Ireland on Friday.

December = Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, 

Next year's plan: Denmark, Norway, Shetland Islands, Iceland, and Newfound.

KayK said:   
wdsaltman95 said:   I'll have some new additions in about 3 weeks as I'm off for a 2 month Asia trip with a primary focus of 2 weeks in Myanmar and a 3 week hike in Bhutan (called the Laya Trek) with time in Japan (3rd visit in 3 years), Singapore and South Korea as well.
I'm jealous.
Are you retired? Or self employed?

Self-employed CPA.  I quit the corporate world after 18 years of practicing tax and now I only work Jan-early May on audits and tax to pay the bills.  The rest of the year is open for travel and work/play outside on our farm.

I've only been to England and Wales. Didn't see any of either place because I was pretty much stuck in 2 different adorable cottages. I saw the airport in Birmingham and the drive to Shrewsbury and then just inside Wales. Didn't even go to a store or a restaurant, nothing! No, I'm not bitter...... my only trip outside of the US and i couldn't even tell i was in a different country. At least the cottages were exactly what I was hoping for.....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017