• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi,

Me and my wife are reaching Rome on 12th morning at 8am from Athens and is planning to visit Rome, florence and venice in 4-5 days and then head to paris & stay there for 2-3 days and on 19th at 12pm fly back to India. Now how much time we should spend in each city and what would be the mode of transportation to travel there. I would like to take euro rail or highspeed train while moving from italy to paris at night so that we can save our travel time.

Which city we should visit first and from where we should take our train to Paris. I am Ok to spend two days in Paris.

Please suggest.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
try tripadvisor forums.

rated:
For transportation options, you may like;    Rome2Rio.com

Night train from Venice to Paris takes 14 hours...you may prefer a flight instead?

rated:
This travel forum is not very active anymore. You would get much more advice on a different site, one that has a lot of visitors.

You can try the websites of the major travel book companies, such as Rick Steves, Frommer's, Lonely Planet, etc. You can try Flyertalk, Tripadvisor.

They've gotten rid of many of the overnight trains in Europe in the last few years. And, it's not very comfortable to sleep overnight on a train, even if you do rent a little sleeping bunk or a whole compartment. I'd fly from Italy to Paris.

Between Rome, Florence and Venice you can take trains. I would not rent a car, it's too much bother.

Only 1 or 1.5 days in each place is not very long to spend in Rome, Florence, and Venice when you also have to consider travel time between each place, eating time, getting checked in to a hotel, etc.

I might suggest either:
staying in Italy for the whole week (which still isn't very long, because there is so much to see) and leaving France for a later holiday,
or
just picking two cities in Italy to spend 2 days each in, and then spending the other 2 days in Paris, with the 1 extra day (16-24 hours in total across the week) taken up in travel time between the various cities and taking care of the other practicalities that keep you from sightseeing and soaking up the atmosphere.

rated:
Horrible trip planning. Never buy train tickets in such a short time. Unless money is no object, this is just not a very smart way to plan travel. On top of that there is really no good way to visit 4 large European cities in 7 days and enjoy it.

rated:
Don't use a train.  Flights are much cheaper in Europe, and way faster than any train for covering that kind of distance.  

rated:
HawkeyeNFO said:   Don't use a train.  Flights are much cheaper in Europe, and way faster than any train for covering that kind of distance.  
  Don't forget to add the 3 hours of 'turn your head and cough' inspections on a plane.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017