• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I'm trying to find a ticket broker who would buy Disney World tickets that we're not going to use. Disney won't give refunds and we've got over $3,000 in tickets that are worthless to us.
I think a ticket broker in the Orlando area would probably be the best, but I have no idea who to approach for the best deal. We have eight four day, four park tickets and would be willing to sell them for half price or less.
Thanks in advance.

Moderator Comment: Welcome to Travel Deals! This forum and its members have a wealth of information to help you make an informed decision regarding your travel plans. However, before we can help you, you need to help yourself first.

Please take a few moments to review the stickied threads at the top of the forum. After reviewing them, its time to make your first post! Please let us know what you have found with your own research.

A good start would be to post the following:
a. Make sure you begin your Title with “REQUEST - …” For example, “REQUEST – Need cheap air/hotel package to Vegas from LAX in Oct”
b. Dates of travel
c. Departure city (and airports)/destination
d. # of people (adults/children) (if children, you may wish to include ages)
e. # of nights
f. Approximate budget for your trip
g. Activities that interest you
h. What have you found so far in your research? Please include complete prices (incl all taxes and fees) and where you have located the deal.

It might seem overwhelming and a lot to post, but it will truly help us help you the best we can! — Dec. 27, 2016 @ 9:47pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Are they date restricted?

rated:
I'm surprised the tix are transferable... Has anyone been successful with partial refunds from Disney or thru CC?

rated:
No date restrictions 

rated:
Unused tickets do not expire. But they are non refundable and technically, non transferable. Do you have the actual paper tickets? If it's at will call, they usually require ID and the CC used to purchase them.

rated:
I thought Disney stopped selling non expiration tickets.

rated:
traderneal said:   I thought Disney stopped selling non expiration tickets.

Tickets (which can be from 1 to 10 days in length - except UK which can get 14 days) do not expire until first use. Once you use one of the days, any remaining days must be used within 14 days.

Even if you purchase a package with dining and tickets. You can get the ticket out of the package and keep it for the future. You can also apply that unused ticket towards an upgrade to an annual pass.

If you buy a 4day ticket today, but never use any of it's days (ie never scan it at a gate), it won't expire.

Exceptions are special tickets like comps or convention ones.

rated:
Yes, you are 100% correct and I knew that. I assumed that the OP had at least used part of the ticket. But re-reading the post, it's not quite clear.

rated:
You will take a terrible beating selling to a broker. Provided that the tickets are not time-limited (some are) or assigned to particular names, and are fresh out of the envelope they came in... You could easily sell them locally yourself for cash at 90% of face value. If they are the 4d-4p non-hopper tixs they just came out with @ $279, you could find takers easily @ $250. Tickets can also be sold quickly on eBay, but pitfalls exist, such as ending up with a chargeback on Paypal. Use a local resale site to advertise.

All of the above assumes the tickets are not impaired in any way. Meet the potential buyer in a public location such as inside a family restaurant, and take a friend.

rated:
Still available?

rated:
Still available?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017