Orbitz travel protection--BUYER BEWARE

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I purchased an Orbitz vacation with their protection policy, I am exercising the paid right ti change my trip due to an injury.
The total cost of the trip $1991
The total cost of the rebooked trip $1195
That equals a refund or credit of $795. right? WRONG
They will not honor the policy stating it was 'UNDER' the previous ticket price, nothing was charged to the credit card so no credit/refund applies so all they will credit is $195.
I ahve talked with 4 different people for 1 hour and 45 minutes, all stating different reasons for the change charge.
So I paid $201 for a travel protection policy, they will not honor, so I am out both the policy price and their $200 per ticket change fee = $801.00

Cheaters or liars, what a way to make a living - beware of Orbitz

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

If I'm not mistaken, and I really don't feel like looking it up, but are most, if not all, protection/insurance policies geared towards, bankruptcies, change of trip or trip cancellation. (Or in this case, it might prevent you from having to pay a higher fee because you had to rebook).

I'm not sure any travel protection provides for a price reduction. That would be more along the lines of a price guarantee.

Brand new member with 1 post griping. Oh dear.

From what I'm reading, OP booked at trip at $1900, then DELAYED it. (And paid a rebooking fee).
Insurance won't cover that, they would cover if you cancel the trip and pay lots of fees, but to rebook? I don't think that's a 'covered event'. (Even if you had a covered event).

I have had a similar problem with Orbitz, they jerked me around for weeks and I couldn't get a straight answer out of them. In the end I lost over $400 through them. It was painful

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017