• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I'm looking to buy a NYC-Belize flight roundtrip in early May.

Tickets were <$300 but then increased.

According to Kayak.com, we should buy now. But according to Hopper, I should wait for tickets to drop till April 22nd. How accurate have people found these types of sites predictions? Curious for opinions & feedback. Thanks! 

https://www.hopper.com/

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This has nothing to do with hopper, but I just booked Dallas to Belize on Southwest and it was cheaper than Dallas to Charlotte. Went last year with same result. Like $340 round trip. Might look into Southwest which isn't listed on those type sites.

rated:
For comparison, hopper says lowest is $667rt right now and prices might drop to 552.. which is 200 more than Southwest plus free bags

rated:
Thanks, unfortunately SW doesn't fly out. I'm looking at 5/12-5/16 from JFK to BZE.

Flights were $330 at one point..but now at $450.

rated:
frankwu55 said:   Thanks, unfortunately SW doesn't fly out. I'm looking at 5/12-5/16 from JFK to BZE.

Flights were $330 at one point..but now at $450.

now the cheapest price is more than $500 and Kayak suggestion is to buy right now.
since one of the date is a weekend date, i don't think you will see much price reduction in near future(have good chances of price increase though)

https://www.kayak.com/flights/NYC-BZE/2017-04-12/2017-04-16 

rated:
I would not rely solely on it. First off it does not appear to look at Delta.

I fly NYC to Montreal several times per year. Looking at five set of trip dates from now till November, it is stating (on certain dates) lowest fare is $115 when Delta is $66 (one-way). Montreal is peak in summer and it's telling me to wait despite $115 ($66 on Delta). Only time will tell but in my experience, $115 (one-way) is pretty good.

rated:
Thanks for the thoughts guys. I am going to wait until late March.

My flights are from 5/12-5/16. Kayak says 70% certain buy now, but that's based on 90-day price increase. Rabbit Hopper believes price will drop next two months from now until April 22nd, then from April-May rise.

https://www.kayak.com/flights/NYC-BZE/2017-05-12/2017-05-16?fs=s...

rated:
usually, within 1 month of travel date, it goes up, then goes up a lot more within 2 weeks (business travelers)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017