• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
They have the best rental rates in Florida. https://www.economyrentacar.com/

Wanted to get feedback from my fellow FWers on this company and their service. There are some critical reviews out there.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is outdated information. About 8yrs ago Sunshine Rent A Car out of Ft. Laud - in season - was way way cheaper than anything else. About $250 wk cheaper. LOL they tried to give me a Yaris with bald tires. But when I chirped they gave me a Yaris with good tires [rental car tires that is] easy peasy.

rated:
zapjb said:   This is outdated information. About 8yrs ago Sunshine Rent A Car out of Ft. Laud - in season - was way way cheaper than anything else. About $250 wk cheaper. LOL they tried to give me a Yaris with bald tires. But when I chirped they gave me a Yaris with good tires [rental car tires that is] easy peasy.
† You are calling "critical reviews" outdated, but then quote something from 8 yrs ago?

rated:
I used economybookings.com

rated:
WARNING!† This company should be AVOIDED.† Yes, low bait and switch rates.† Then you get to the location and they require you to buy their "insurance."† About 3/4 of the people who took the shuttle to the Ft Lauderdale location walked out and took the next shuttle back to the airport to use another rental company.† I pulled up my insurance card from Nationwide/Allied on my laptop for them at the rental counter -- "We don't accept that insurance."† They would not accept most insurance, and most people did not have their insurance cards with them. Outrageous bait and switch.†

† Here is their Ft Lauderdale policy from their web site:

  • InsuranceProof of FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE that will transfer to the rental vehicle must be presented at the time of pick up. Otherwise you must purchase collision coverage and supplemental liability insurance at the rental counter. *The State of Florida requires that all drivers carry proof of insurance with them at all times** Supplemental liability insurance (SLI) - this coverage protects the renter or authorized driver against claims made by a 3rd party for bodily injury and or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating a rental vehicle up to $300,000.00 dollars. This coverage is in excess to the renters or authorized drivers own automobile liability insurance and over underlying insurance specified within your signed rental agreement. SLI is subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and supplemental liability brochure. a copy of the supplemental rental liability insurance brochure is available for your re view from your rental agent. *declining coverage* the renter will be solely responsible for the vehicle itself and any third party claims made against it. Please check with your state coverage requirements as they compare with the state that you are traveling to. Other insurance/credit card coverages-several online travel sites and credit cards offer their own version of CDW†and or liability coverage. if you choose to select one of these products please note that purchase of these products does not relieve you from primary responsibility of damage to the rented vehicle or any liability incurred. Any valid claims that are refused by the insurance carrier will be your responsibility. **************************************************** **************************************************** ****************************************************** ****************************************************** ***additional coverage****************************** ******************************/gtp/ is not insurance it is an optional waiver coverage to provide the renter or any authorized driver to be covered by this waiver for the protection of tires-glass/windows and lost keys. These items are not covered by any policies. ****************************************************** ******************************************************* ******************************************************* *** ***********HIF Ė is an optional waiver for Renters that choose to self insure. HIF will cover Renterís deductible. Renter will have a zero deductible and be provided road side assistance. In case of an accident Renter's insurance company will be billed directly. This coverage is optional, and is valid only for drivers that reside in the United States and Canada. Canadian insurance coverage declaration pages must be in English. This coverage does not cover tires or windshields.

    https://www.economyrentacar.com/policies.aspx?loc=FLLE01&idi=en





rated:
And here's more of their hidden policies -- for local renters.† DO NOT GO NEAR THESE SCAMMERS.

  • † Local RentersRenters using a Florida driverís license must have a valid major credit card and have current insurance covering rental car with comprehensive, collision and liability. Renters will be required to show written proof of a current automobile liability insurance policy in the renters name covering injury to third persons or property. A copy of the current liability declaration page and must be presented at the time of rental, If the Economy customer service agent is unable to verify proof of insurance customers will be required to purchase our liability insurance and our collision damage waiver. No debit or prepaid cards will be accepted. Renter must also represent proof of insurance that covers the rental car or purchase insurance coverage from Saver at the time of rental. A Saver prepaid reservation will be accepted if presented in conjunction with a valid major credit card for the rental deposit. Renters with a Florida Driverís license will not receive unlimited mileage but will receive 100 miles per day. Any additional miles will incur a $.39 per mile charge. Travel outside the State of Florida is prohibited, a fee of $1,000.00 will be charged and $.50 per mile will also be charged if the vehicle is drive outside the State of Florida. Customers who do not reside within the state without a return airline ticket and wish to rent a car will be required to show written proof of a current automobile liability insurance policy in the renters name covering injury to third persons or property. A copy of the current liability declaration page and must be presented at the time of rental, If the Economy customer service agent is unable to verify proof of insurance customers will be required to purchase our liability insurance and our collision damage waiver. ****************************************************** Additional driver fee is $14.99 per day.

rated:
rsmo2222 said:   WARNING!† This company should be AVOIDED.† Yes, low bait and switch rates.† Then you get to the location and they require you to buy their "insurance."† About 3/4 of the people who took the shuttle to the Ft Lauderdale location walked out and took the next shuttle back to the airport to use another rental company.† I pulled up my insurance card from Nationwide/Allied on my laptop for them at the rental counter -- "We don't accept that insurance."† They would not accept most insurance, and most people did not have their insurance cards with them. Outrageous bait and switch.†

† Here is their Ft Lauderdale policy from their web site:

  • InsuranceProof of FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE that will transfer to the rental vehicle must be presented at the time of pick up. Otherwise you must purchase collision coverage and supplemental liability insurance at the rental counter. *The State of Florida requires that all drivers carry proof of insurance with them at all times** Supplemental liability insurance (SLI) - this coverage protects the renter or authorized driver against claims made by a 3rd party for bodily injury and or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating a rental vehicle up to $300,000.00 dollars. This coverage is in excess to the renters or authorized drivers own automobile liability insurance and over underlying insurance specified within your signed rental agreement. SLI is subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and supplemental liability brochure. a copy of the supplemental rental liability insurance brochure is available for your re view from your rental agent. *declining coverage* the renter will be solely responsible for the vehicle itself and any third party claims made against it. Please check with your state coverage requirements as they compare with the state that you are traveling to. Other insurance/credit card coverages-several online travel sites and credit cards offer their own version of CDW†and or liability coverage. if you choose to select one of these products please note that purchase of these products does not relieve you from primary responsibility of damage to the rented vehicle or any liability incurred. Any valid claims that are refused by the insurance carrier will be your responsibility. **************************************************** **************************************************** ****************************************************** ****************************************************** ***additional coverage****************************** ******************************/gtp/ is not insurance it is an optional waiver coverage to provide the renter or any authorized driver to be covered by this waiver for the protection of tires-glass/windows and lost keys. These items are not covered by any policies. ****************************************************** ******************************************************* ******************************************************* *** ***********HIF Ė is an optional waiver for Renters that choose to self insure. HIF will cover Renterís deductible. Renter will have a zero deductible and be provided road side assistance. In case of an accident Renter's insurance company will be billed directly. This coverage is optional, and is valid only for drivers that reside in the United States and Canada. Canadian insurance coverage declaration pages must be in English. This coverage does not cover tires or windshields.

    https://www.economyrentacar.com/policies.aspx?loc=FLLE01&idi=en






† Any reason you are giving me negative? I am the one who brought this topic to discussion that you seem to agree with. You can't give economy rent a car negative rating by giving me a red flag.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
zapjb said:   This is outdated information. About 8yrs ago Sunshine Rent A Car out of Ft. Laud - in season - was way way cheaper than anything else. About $250 wk cheaper. LOL they tried to give me a Yaris with bald tires. But when I chirped they gave me a Yaris with good tires [rental car tires that is] easy peasy.
† You are calling "critical reviews" outdated, but then quote something from 8 yrs ago?

† Nope. I was stating the info I & I alone offered is outdated. Not your info.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
rsmo2222 said:   WARNING!† This company should be AVOIDED.† Yes, low bait and switch rates.† Then you get to the location and they require you to buy their "insurance."† About 3/4 of the people who took the shuttle to the Ft Lauderdale location walked out and took the next shuttle back to the airport to use another rental company.† I pulled up my insurance card from Nationwide/Allied on my laptop for them at the rental counter -- "We don't accept that insurance."† They would not accept most insurance, and most people did not have their insurance cards with them. Outrageous bait and switch.†

† Here is their Ft Lauderdale policy from their web site:

  • InsuranceProof of FULL INSURANCE COVERAGE that will transfer to the rental vehicle must be presented at the time of pick up. Otherwise you must purchase collision coverage and supplemental liability insurance at the rental counter. *The State of Florida requires that all drivers carry proof of insurance with them at all times** Supplemental liability insurance (SLI) - this coverage protects the renter or authorized driver against claims made by a 3rd party for bodily injury and or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while operating a rental vehicle up to $300,000.00 dollars. This coverage is in excess to the renters or authorized drivers own automobile liability insurance and over underlying insurance specified within your signed rental agreement. SLI is subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agreement and supplemental liability brochure. a copy of the supplemental rental liability insurance brochure is available for your re view from your rental agent. *declining coverage* the renter will be solely responsible for the vehicle itself and any third party claims made against it. Please check with your state coverage requirements as they compare with the state that you are traveling to. Other insurance/credit card coverages-several online travel sites and credit cards offer their own version of CDW†and or liability coverage. if you choose to select one of these products please note that purchase of these products does not relieve you from primary responsibility of damage to the rented vehicle or any liability incurred. Any valid claims that are refused by the insurance carrier will be your responsibility. **************************************************** **************************************************** ****************************************************** ****************************************************** ***additional coverage****************************** ******************************/gtp/ is not insurance it is an optional waiver coverage to provide the renter or any authorized driver to be covered by this waiver for the protection of tires-glass/windows and lost keys. These items are not covered by any policies. ****************************************************** ******************************************************* ******************************************************* *** ***********HIF Ė is an optional waiver for Renters that choose to self insure. HIF will cover Renterís deductible. Renter will have a zero deductible and be provided road side assistance. In case of an accident Renter's insurance company will be billed directly. This coverage is optional, and is valid only for drivers that reside in the United States and Canada. Canadian insurance coverage declaration pages must be in English. This coverage does not cover tires or windshields.

    https://www.economyrentacar.com/policies.aspx?loc=FLLE01&idi=en






† Any reason you are giving me negative? I am the one who brought this topic to discussion that you seem to agree with. You can't give economy rent a car negative rating by giving me a red flag.

Sorry - my error.† Fixed,† Red was not for you.

††

rated:
Try www.rentalcars.com.

They book cars thru National Car Rental and similar large national car rental companies. I declined insurance at the counter stating that my AmEx card covers insurance and the agent at the counter didn't dispute e.

rated:
Try www.rentalcars.com.

They book cars thru National Car Rental and similar large national car rental companies. I declined insurance at the counter stating that my AmEx card covers insurance and the agent at the counter didn't dispute e.

rated:
zapjb said:   This is outdated information. About 8yrs ago Sunshine Rent A Car out of Ft. Laud - in season - was way way cheaper than anything else. About $250 wk cheaper. LOL they tried to give me a Yaris with bald tires. But when I chirped they gave me a Yaris with good tires [rental car tires that is] easy peasy.
† I got thrown out of their FLL location. Let's just say I had a problem with their insurance policies.They were kind enough to drop me off at Enterprise.

rated:
I use Hertz, never have any issues with them. Just stick to large and respected companies and you'll be fine.

rated:
I almost always use National. (Hunt on the web for free Emerald Club membership, very easy to find, and Executive level privileges, not so easy but can be done (I don't have any current links)).

I almost always find some combination of codes to give me a dirt cheap rate. My last rental was in Feb when I went to Reno: $23 a day for a Nissan Altima which is considered a full size car.

rated:
I have used Hertz and National. Both have been good without any problems. The rates have been good too.Hertz has a discount of up to 45% with† code (CDP) 2119555 . Its is good for weekday and weekends. † †

rated:
smokeycatrules said:   I have used Hertz and National. Both have been good without any problems. The rates have been good too.Hertz has a discount of up to 45% with† code (CDP) 2119555. Its is good for weekday and weekends. † †
We don't know whether this code is a publicly available code or the a corporate negotiated rate. †If it is the later, I suggest googling IBM's CDP use that instead. †Much cheaper than 2119555.

rated:
traderneal said:   I almost always use National. (Hunt on the web for free Emerald Club membership, very easy to find, and Executive level privileges, not so easy but can be done (I don't have any current links)).

I almost always find some combination of codes to give me a dirt cheap rate. My last rental was in Feb when I went to Reno: $23 a day for a Nissan Altima which is considered a full size car.

††
I am having a heck of a time finding a good rate for Apr 5-11. National rental with Emerald Club membership is $700.

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017