Hertz will drive you back to the airport (Not Shuttle) anyone else?

Archived From: Travel Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
hertz has a service for i think $25. You pull up in your rental to return and they get in and drop you off at the airport.

Does anyone know any other car rental companies that offer this?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What's wrong with taking the shuttle unless you're about to miss the last flight for the day? 

Could be worth it at certain airports especially if you have lots of bags or if the shuttle ride is long. MIA, JFK, LGA

seawolf21 said:   Could be worth it at certain airports especially if you have lots of bags or if the shuttle ride is long. MIA, JFK, LGA
At one medium-sized US airport (not one of the 3 you mention), 
where I had been promised during my business trip by intelligent local residents that it was surprisingly quick to return a rental car and get to your gate (!),
the 1 mph shuttle van from my rental car return lot took longer than an hour (after I had caught the shuttle and it was moving!) to trundle over to my gate, which made me miss my flight, which cost me hundreds of dollars and a lot of lost time because I had to scramble to stay at a crappy inner-city hotel for 2 days before I could get another flight to my home destination. 
Bloody nightmare. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017