• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
I need to rent a car for 6 weeks. Any suggestion? Thanks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I just used AutoSlash for a two week rental.  I booked about a month before I needed it, and they will keep checking prices and rebooking if the price drops in that time.  The total price dropped from $304ish to $270ish in that time for me.  Zero hassles.
https://www.autoslash.com/

rated:
Are you renting from an airport or a local office?

I'm also a fan of Autoslash but I'm not sure if they're setup for long term rentals the same way. Also I know some companies only let you rent 30 days at a time.

rated:
CarRentals dot com

rated:

rated:
Call the local office of the rental car company you want a price from.

Tip - I used to travel a lot for extended periods, coming home on weekends.  I did the above, and then I also contacted the manager and often arranged for free parking in their lot each Fri - Sunday.  

Once a manager told me that their weekly low price special beat any monthly rate, so he told me to reserve that deal, but he would give me a new Ford Escape instead, and that I should return it each Friday and get a new one on Sunday night.  Every week the car was perfect.

rated:
devyanks90 said:   Are you renting from an airport or a local office?

I'm also a fan of Autoslash but I'm not sure if they're setup for long term rentals the same way. Also I know some companies only let you rent 30 days at a time.

I used Autoslash for a monthly rental last summer. I booked with my AAA discount code and they were able to save me an additional $45 on top of that. My initial reservation was with Hertz and I finally ended up with Dollar. Everything went fine. 

rated:
costco travel

rated:
I needed a rental for 8 weeks and made a call to Avis (this was years ago) and spoke with a rep that handles long-term rentals. The knocked 1/2 off the price but put a mileage cap on me, so they knew I wasn't going to return it with 20,000 more miles on it as well as signed that I wouldn't take it out of the country.

Pick the company you want to rent from and negotiate yourself down to an excellent rate.

rated:
devyanks90 said:   Are you renting from an airport or a local office?

At Enterprise contracts are only valid for 30 days.

rated:
understand your auto insurance will only cover you for 30 days. Your insurance does not cover long term rentals

rated:
Try TURO. I used to rent my personal cars out on Turo. www.turo.com

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017