American Airlines is Cutting More Legroom in Economy Class

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Uber for Airlines!  There's the next major thing!  Unless CA's high speed rail ever works....bleh.

forbin4040 (May. 09, 2017 @ 1:13p) |

Yes an Uber taxi model for airplanes would indeed work. The big plane concept allows for profit for the merged airline i... (more)

deeder (May. 09, 2017 @ 3:30p) |

bad news. what's next?

evagrin (May. 11, 2017 @ 1:26a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Congress was angry, since United forcefully removed the passenger. Congress also said, they were packing them in, to make a profit, and charging for baggage. Congress will be even more angry, if AA reduces the legroom!

rated:
They should just as well have standing only rides.

rated:
delhel said:   They should just as well have standing only rides.
  Maybe cut to the Chase and have 'standing only charge by the pound flights, with bathroom and water extra'

rated:
wp746911 said:   
  Maybe cut to the Chase and have 'standing only charge by the pound flights, with bathroom and water extra'

Just remember Airplane the movie.  'No Frills Flights' you fly in the baggage compartment.

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Just remember Airplane the movie.  'No Frills Flights' you fly in the baggage compartment.It would be more comfortable.

rated:
At 6'6" I'm thinking you might be right NoMoney!

rated:
Only 3 rows in coach will have the reduced pitch. If you are interested in more room, pay a few $ more for MCE.

rated:
Not that American would put their own employees in those seats, but this will make it harder for security to drag bumpees off the plane.

rated:
The problem with the aviation industry is the lack of competition. i remember the good old days when we flew America West, ATA, Northwest, Continental and the list goes on. Shrinking the number to three major airlines is a mistake. It's becoming a true monopoly and they think they are entitled to kick us out for just about anything and the compensation would be useless airline miles or dollars. How is that going to book my hotel room and my rental?

It's not their fault, it's the government's. They need to do something about this crap

rated:
wp746911 said:   
  Maybe cut to the Chase and have 'standing only charge by the pound flights, with bathroom and water extra'

I would likely benefit from that.

rated:
Seems like discrimination against tall people to me, I have a hard enough time with my knees being crammed against the seat in front of me.

rated:
The US government's control over markets allows for these kind of monopolies.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if they allowed foreign airlines to compete on domestic ground... These companies would have no choice but to raise their quality and customer service standards to stay in the market.  

rated:
Well, one solution to prevent overbooking is to create more seats. Airlines are just giving what the consumers asked for.

rated:
fatxman said:   Well, one solution to prevent overbooking is to create more seats. Airlines are just giving what the consumers asked for.

Ain't that the truth. Maybe the social justice Facebook warriors can rest easily now.

rated:
More than enough leg room, if you're a hamster.

Next up: Pay toilets.

rated:
Marvinomatic said:   Congress was angry, since United forcefully removed the passenger. Congress also said, they were packing them in, to make a profit, and charging for baggage. Congress will be even more angry, if AA reduces the legroom!

It's kabuki theatre at the hearings. No action was taken..

rated:
vickh said:   
Marvinomatic said:   Congress was angry, since United forcefully removed the passenger. Congress also said, they were packing them in, to make a profit, and charging for baggage. Congress will be even more angry, if AA reduces the legroom!

It's kabuki theatre at the hearings. No action was taken..

Congress couldn't help that guy at all , they can do future bills, but it's mostly to show to the public that they are doing something.

rated:
Until my knees developed arthritis I never worried about legroom.  I'm still OK as long as nothing is under the seat, because I just stretch my legs out under the seat. 

rated:
ahmadcpa said:   The problem with the aviation industry is the lack of competition. i remember the good old days when we flew America West, ATA, Northwest, Continental and the list goes on. Shrinking the number to three major airlines is a mistake. It's becoming a true monopoly and they think they are entitled to kick us out for just about anything and the compensation would be useless airline miles or dollars. How is that going to book my hotel room and my rental?

It's not their fault, it's the government's. They need to do something about this crap

Governmenf should not be involved in the industry at all.  We need more private airstrips and enlarged smaller airports for more volume of smaller jets.  Private secfor involvement.  

Increase private jet ownership as prices are going down and ownership rates are increasing.  Also one can sell seats on smaller planes as well.

rated:
deeder said:   
ahmadcpa said:   The problem with the aviation industry is the lack of competition. i remember the good old days when we flew America West, ATA, Northwest, Continental and the list goes on. Shrinking the number to three major airlines is a mistake. It's becoming a true monopoly and they think they are entitled to kick us out for just about anything and the compensation would be useless airline miles or dollars. How is that going to book my hotel room and my rental?

Governmenf should not be involved in the industry at all.  We need more private airstrips and enlarged smaller airports for more volume of smaller jets.  Private secfor involvement.  

Increase private jet ownership as prices are going down and ownership rates are increasing.  Also one can sell seats on smaller planes as well.

Uber for Airlines!  There's the next major thing!  Unless CA's high speed rail ever works....bleh.

rated:
Yes an Uber taxi model for airplanes would indeed work. The big plane concept allows for profit for the merged airline industry and a large route map. But the future will be smaller planes.

rated:
bad news. what's next?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017