• filter:

State Department Travel Alert for europe

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
The Department of State alerts U.S. citizens to the continued threat of terrorist attacks throughout Europe.  This Travel Alert expires on September 1, 2017.  Will this affect plans? It made me think twice about going to France this summer.
Any thoughts?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I can assure you Europeans are living life as usual.

You will have more chances of being pickpocketed by thieves and tourist traps than being involved in a terrorist incident.

rated:
Probably right as long as I don't go to France.

rated:
Europe is very safe. Besides, what part of Europe is the travel alert for? It's obviously a huge area of many countries. While the chance of you being pickpocketed or scammed is greater there, the chance of you being shot on the street is greater here.

I have my 14th trip to Europe since 2008 coming up in a bit over a week. I'm not going to be chopped into tiny pieces. Just use common sense.

rated:
burgerwars said:   Europe is very safe. Besides, what part of Europe is the travel alert for? It's obviously a huge area of many countries. While the chance of you being pickpocketed or scammed is greater there, the chance of you being shot on the street is greater here.

I have my 14th trip to Europe since 2008 coming up in a bit over a week. I'm not going to be chopped into tiny pieces. Just use common sense.

Landed in Dublin yesterday morning.  Feel safer on the roads here than driving at home; people know how to drive over here.

rated:
Holy Crap!  So many terrorists are running around Europe!  Stay safe by visiting American places this summer, like Baltimore, Detroit, South Side of Chicago, or South Central Los Angeles.  You have been warned!

rated:
Guess I'll just stay in the good ole USA.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017