• filter:

Thailand/Vietnam Tour Guide

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hi guys,

I am going to Thailand and possibly Vietnam in July.  Looking to find a local inexpensive tour guide preferably gay friendly.  Any suggestions?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Sorry never encountered any tour guides as I avoided them but I can say go to the grand palace if you are in Bangkok, it's ridiculously wild to look at. It's crowded but so worth it. Also if you walk around don't listen to any tuk tuk drivers telling you that it's closed or that they can take you on a tour, it's not dangerous necessarily but they will try to trick you into going a tour which takes you to shops regardless of you saying no to the stop.

Also Full Moon parties are pretty weak and are full of Australian college bros on vacation who are waaaay to drunk. It also costs a lot to get there and stay in a hotel. It's kind of a tourist trap in itself. Probably more fun if you have friends coming with you. I was traveling alone.

Sleeper trains are pretty decent way to get from the north to the south or the reverse and I'm 6'1". Make sure to book early as they fill up fast. Trust me you don't want to ride 3rd class on a train!!!

Phuket is pretty cool but Patong beach is a tourist trap. the beach is nice but the town is just two long main strips of shops and food. It's definitely a cool city though since it's built onto the huge hill. The Hilltop Hotel is a cool place to stay there, although dated to the 80's and on the edge of town, since it is literally on the hilltop and you can see the whole city and they have a cool cliff pool that has an amazing view.

Hope you have a great trip, it's a cool place. Jealous of your going to Vietnam, I couldn't fit it into my trip.

rated:
My brother lives in Bangkok, if you want a tour guide there. He loves meeting people.

rated:
Great.  Thanks for the information. 

rated:
BeanMeScot I sent you a private message a few days ago with my email. Not sure if you got it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017