• filter:

Check in time for QATAR airways in ATL airport

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Hello,

I am planning to fly on Qatar Airways from ATL airport in the Evening.  I will have to drive over 5hrs to get to airport.   I have 2 questions regarding check in and parking.  Members who have flown on this flight please respond.

1.  Have you check in your bags early in the morning e.g. 9:00 AM of the day of travel and get your boarding pass for the evening flight i.e The counter open(looks like there is only one flight a day).  Other airlines like Delta, the check in counter is always open as they have many flights all day.

2.  Need parking for 28 days.  Is there cheap parking around airport or other consideration.

Thanks for all the response.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
The check-in counter opens 3 hours prior to the flight.  You will not be able to check your bags any earlier.

rated:
I hope you're not planning on flying through Qatar due to recent travel bans.

rated:
direct should be ok, but don't stop in Saudi, that's for sure

rated:
Thank for all the response.  

The check in counter closes 1 hr before flight.  So you have approx. 2 hrs to check in your bags/boarding pass.  Same staff must be going to the gate area to get all the passengers in.

From what I have been able to gather, For parking, not all "Private lots" around ATL can drop/pickup at the "International section".  Option is to move by your self baggage/people from  domestic transfer area and get on the Train/bus for another ride to go to the International section.  Same when you come back.  If it is not worth the hassle when leaving/coming back, may be ok to pay extra for the convenience to be dropped off/pickup at International section.

rated:
I fly international out of ATL. You are correct. Not all lots will deliver you to the international terminal. Those that don't will drop you at main check in, and there's an airport courtesy bus that will take you around. You can't take the train because it's on the other side of security and the check in counters won't check you or your baggage in (they'll send you to the bus to international checkin). In theory, if you aren't checking bags and you've pre-printed your boarding passes, you could use regular security and take the train... I think... not sure about passport checks coming that way.

Park N Fly is my preferred parking lot company at ATL. The first one you see does not goto the international terminal, but PNF plus a mile down camp creek on the left does. Buses leave every 15 minutes. You have to pay an extra $12 for valet parking to get to international terminal. It's only like $7 or so more than parking at the first PNF lot. I recommend taking the bus from PNF to the international terminal. When you get back, you may want to consider taking the plane train to domestic after customs and get a bus back to the lot. They leave domestic terminal every 5 minutes or so, but leave international terminal every 30 minutes (and I've waited 45 minutes for a shuttle at international before).

http://www.pnf.com/atlanta-international-terminal/ 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017