• filter:

Dirty hotel rooms: Hidden camera shows what really gets cleaned (CBC Marketplace)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
ffd55 said:   https://www.amazon.com/Escolite-Flashlight-Ultraviolet-Blacklight-Detector/dp/B008133KB4/

Going to pass. I would just see where I peed on the walls, and I already know that.

rated:
uh huh...  is your house actually clean?  what about your friends place that you hang out at?

people get silly crazy over "clean" unnecessarily.

rated:
Uh, so does this mean that the camera was also there while people were using the bathroom?

rated:
draculatreeforest said:   Uh, so does this mean that the camera was also there while people were using the bathroom?

My first thought was where / how was this hidden video filmed that it didn't violate any laws?  Most states have laws that restrict filming "In locations where privacy is expected"  Like bathrooms and bedrooms.  Even if people weren't using the bathroom.  

The only scenario I can imagine is if the room is being cleaned in between nights by the same occupant and there are signs alerting that filming is in progress.   I would expect cleaning people to be more thorough when cleaning a room for a new guest.  Even in that situation I would question whether the filming was legal.  Perhaps get management to sign some wavers acknowledging they will be "Filming a coffee scene" (G-rated) in the hotel room? 

I suppose someone could willingly disregard laws, and then submit this type of video anonymously online.

Interesting stuff .....

rated:
skarydrunkguy said:   uh huh...  is your house actually clean?  what about your friends place that you hang out at?

people get silly crazy over "clean" unnecessarily.

+1.  When I check into a hotel room, I assume people have clipped their toenails on the sofa, had sex in the bed, pee'd on the wall, vomited on the floor, etc.  It's just like home!  

rated:
I have to watch a 21 min documentary for this! Bleh!

rated:
what did you expect? that they'd wipe the whole place just for you?

rated:
i wonder what the germ "score" for my workplace bathroom would come up as?

rated:
Xnarg1 said:   i wonder what the germ "score" for my workplace bathroom would come up as?
  On my first day of work at a major computer hardware/software mail order retailer, I entered the men's restroom. There was a sign saying essentially "whoever is crapping all over the walls and floors, please stop it." I did not return for a second day.

rated:
That's really shocking. Why don't these hotel management take actions against these activities.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017