• filter:

Airbnb, any opinions?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Going to travel next month,
Was going the option of Airbnb, vs Hotel.

1) Kitchen
2) Cheaper
3) Free internet (Sigh)

Has anyone had any real issues with using Airbnb lately?

I'm just hoping I didn't make a mistake.  The person I am renting from only has 8 reviews (All but 1 good)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Really just depends on the person renting the place out so read the reviews which sound mostly good for your host. What was the bad review?

rated:
Check the reviews.  For traveling abroad, I like Booking.com better than airbnb.

rated:
wiredspider said:   Really just depends on the person renting the place out so read the reviews which sound mostly good for your host. What was the bad review?
  Something about the ground floor has windows with no shade, and the host responded with that the person showed up 1 day early and didn't even pay (I guess got a full refund?)

rated:
Check all information carefully. Are there any alternative variants? Compare the opportunities. I think that the place you picked up is rather good.

rated:
Used airbnb in Europe for the first time last month, and had an awesome experience. The place had no reviews previously, and right before our trip, there was one review from a person who wasn't super happy. We went anyway and we had no issues. The host was great. Seems like the place you picked is good. Remember, there's always that one person who's never happy with anything, and always has to be critical.

rated:
My daughter and her friends use it all the time and love it. We have a week-long road trip planned for the DC/Pennsylvania/Virginia area and need space to spread out. (3 adults, different sleep habits). Had thought booking 2 bedroom house via AirBnB would be best bet. But where we wanted to go, prices were kind of high when all cleaning and services fees added AND the properties we liked all had 50% cancellation fee. Our plans are not completely firm, so we went with all suite hotels. Probably spent a bit more. In this case, it didn't work out for us, but I'm willing to try it again. At least it gives you another option to consider.

rated:
The only time I had an issue was a rental in Portland, OR. We had the entire house to ourselves....we thought. Turns out there was a basement apartment and that FT renter liked to avail himself of certain totally legal substances that would waft heavily to our floor every night. Next time I used AirBnB in Portland, I asked the owner if it would be all clear.

rated:
Did Airbnb refund you anything?

rated:
So far, I have done about 10 in combination of Airbnb and HomeAway. Except for one, in all cases our experience was very good. Hotels just can't match the location or flexibility. But, do your homework, ask questions more than necessary. Be prepared that things can get murkey under any emergency, because, it's not a hotel.
Each rental has its own refund policy. Read the conditions.

rated:
I've been keeping an eye on it...so far I see two different people selling the same place.
Both are superhosts as well. both got good reviews for the place this month.

Why would two different people be renting the same place? I assume it's legit as the key codes would have to open it up right?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017