• filter:

REQUEST - Cheapest 1 day car rental in Spain

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
ok, so I plan on going to Spain. And it is much cheaper for me to fly to Madrid and then drive to Merida. Ticket to Madrid is $450, ticket to closest airport to Merida is about $950, so that is enough of a difference that merits a car rental.

One one site, I did the "search for flight with rental" but it had to be a round trip flight. I simply did it to get an idea of how much a rental for one day would be and it had come out to be about $24 dollars a day.

But then I was on another site and cheapest I have been able to find for a 1 day rental is $86 dollars, which to be honest is pretty expensive compared to rentals here in the USA for one day.

So, is anyone aware of a 1 day rental spot that would be cheaper then $86? Not to mention, I do not even recall which site I found that on.

The distance is 358KM, but that doesnt take into account wether I get lost or not.

So, Madrid to Merida on the 28Th of Dec.
Edit by Moderator: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here.

Member Summary
Quick Summary is created and edited by users like you... Add FAQ's, Links and other Relevant Information by clicking the edit button in the lower right hand corner of this message.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You are unlikely to find cheaper one-way rentals in Spain -- or anywhere else, for that matter. I did a quick check and came up with prices of 65 and up -- and on top of that there may be an additional one-way charge. You are not going to find a one-way rental for 17 (which is what your $24 figure is). If you do, please report it here for others to also use!

rated:
Comparing US prices to that of another country is an exercise in futility.

If you can get it for $86 all in, that is a VERY good price. I would not bother looking around and lose on the deal.

rated:
TenerifeSharon said: You are unlikely to find cheaper one-way rentals in Spain -- or anywhere else, for that matter. I did a quick check and came up with prices of 65 and up -- and on top of that there may be an additional one-way charge. You are not going to find a one-way rental for 17 (which is what your $24 figure is). If you do, please report it here for others to also use!

I am sorry, I meant to say 24Euros a day. that what it came out to when I did the math. which is still good at 30 odd dollars.

sorry for that.

rated:
wiseguy1100 said: Comparing US prices to that of another country is an exercise in futility.

If you can get it for $86 all in, that is a VERY good price. I would not bother looking around and lose on the deal.

it was actually 86 euros, same mistake as previously.

I just happened to find one right now for 71 euros. 83 after taxes. 112 bucks about. so not bad at all from what i have found, still pricey though!

i will keep searching and what ever I find I will report back here. I still have time, since I wont be leaving until Dec 27th.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017