• filter:
  • 179808182 83
  • Page
  • Previous 40
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I need price quote for 2 Adults + 2 Kids (< 2-11) SEA-BOM-SEA, 6/19 depart & 7/17 return.

rated:
Hello Patelbhai and everyone. I'm planning to book a premium economy flight for a family of 3 on American Airlines/British Airways from Salt Lake City (SLC) to BLR. Since AA doesn't have a premium economy class yet, and to get the 1.5x EQM from British Airways premium economy, I'd like the long haul segments to be on BA. There are several options for the onward flights - the domestic SLC to either ORD or DFW on AA, followed by BA to LHR and on to BLR. However, on the return, the only flight that BA.com gives me is BLR to LHR on BA, followed by LHR to DFW on AA. Turns out PHX is the only connection point if I want to fly from LHR to the US gateway on BA, and the same night to SLC on AA. If I fly via ORD or LAX (on BA, or even AA), there is no connection that night to SLC.

My preferred itinerary will be SLC - LAX - LHR - BLR - LHR - PHX - SLC, with the AA legs in economy (lowest available) and BA legs in premium economy (lowest fare code T).

Here's one with example dates:

Salt Lake City (SLC) to Los Angeles (LAX) — Tue, Nov 1. AA 5915. Dep: 12:07 pm Arr: 1:01 pm. Economy (H)

Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) — Tue, Nov 1. BA 282. Dep: 5:05 pm Arr: 10:40 am Nov 2. Premium economy (T)

London (LHR) to Bangalore (BLR) — Wed, Nov 2. BA 119. Dep: 2:00 pm Arr: 5:00 am Nov 3. Premium economy (T)

Bangalore (BLR) to London (LHR) — Sun, Nov 13. BA 118. Dep: 7:00 am Arr: 12:30 pm. Premium economy (T)

London (LHR) to Phoenix (PHX) — Sun, Nov 13. British Airways 289. Dep: 2:30 pm Arr: 6:20 pm. Premium economy (T)

Phoenix (PHX) to Salt Lake City (SLC) — Sun, Nov 13. AA 578. Dep: 9:15 pm Arr: 10:53 pm. Economy (H)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $2,314.39

BA.com would let me book a multi-city itinerary from LAX - LHR - BLR - LHR - PHX. But if I add the SLC - LAX or the PHX to SLC legs, BA.com tells there are no flights found. If I book just the BA legs on BA.com, can either the BA phone support or a travel agent add the domestic AA legs to the same itinerary with the same PNR? Last time I traveled, I had two separate PNRs, and through-checking luggage was a big hassle - it took the AA agent in SLC 45 minutes to do it because he apparently didn't know how to do it, and the check-in counter agent in BLR simply refused to interline the bags and checked them only until PHX.

Thanks very much.

rated:
thewingthing said:   Hello Patelbhai and everyone. I'm planning to book a premium economy flight for a family of 3 on American Airlines/British Airways from Salt Lake City (SLC) to BLR. Since AA doesn't have a premium economy class yet, and to get the 1.5x EQM from British Airways premium economy, I'd like the long haul segments to be on BA. There are several options for the onward flights - the domestic SLC to either ORD or DFW on AA, followed by BA to LHR and on to BLR. However, on the return, the only flight that BA.com gives me is BLR to LHR on BA, followed by LHR to DFW on AA. Turns out PHX is the only connection point if I want to fly from LHR to the US gateway on BA, and the same night to SLC on AA. If I fly via ORD or LAX (on BA, or even AA), there is no connection that night to SLC.

My preferred itinerary will be SLC - LAX - LHR - BLR - LHR - PHX - SLC, with the AA legs in economy (lowest available) and BA legs in premium economy (lowest fare code T).

Salt Lake City (SLC) to Los Angeles (LAX) — Tue, Nov 1. AA 5915. Dep: 12:07 pm Arr: 1:01 pm. Economy (H)

Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) — Tue, Nov 1. BA 282. Dep: 5:05 pm Arr: 10:40 am Nov 2. Premium economy (T)

London (LHR) to Bangalore (BLR) — Wed, Nov 2. BA 119. Dep: 2:00 pm Arr: 5:00 am Nov 3. Premium economy (T)

Bangalore (BLR) to London (LHR) — Sun, Nov 13. BA 118. Dep: 7:00 am Arr: 12:30 pm. Premium economy (T)

London (LHR) to Phoenix (PHX) — Sun, Nov 13. British Airways 289. Dep: 2:30 pm Arr: 6:20 pm. Premium economy (T)

Phoenix (PHX) to Salt Lake City (SLC) — Sun, Nov 13. AA 578. Dep: 9:15 pm Arr: 10:53 pm. Economy (H)

BA.com would let me book a multi-city itinerary from LAX - LHR - BLR - LHR - PHX. But if I add the SLC - LAX or the PHX to SLC legs, BA.com tells there are no flights found. If I book just the BA legs on BA.com, can either the BA phone support or a travel agent add the domestic AA legs to the same itinerary with the same PNR? Last time I traveled, I had two separate PNRs, and through-checking luggage was a big hassle - it took the AA agent in SLC 45 minutes to do it because he apparently didn't know how to do it, and the check-in counter agent in BLR simply refused to interline the bags and checked them only until PHX.

Thanks very much.

Yes, either BA phone support or Travel Agent can add domestic flight manually, even it's not showing you on BA.com.  There are various reasons on why online booking engine can not select some flights as online booking engine works based on template, but agent selects flights manually based on partner airlines flight eligibility and routing knowledge.  British Airways has history of flight delay between London and South Indian airports, and customer service is not helpful, so we do not recommend to book separate tickets, specifically in your case.

rated:
PatelForIndia said:   
thewingthing said:   Hello Patelbhai and everyone. I'm planning to book a premium economy flight for a family of 3 on American Airlines/British Airways from Salt Lake City (SLC) to BLR. Since AA doesn't have a premium economy class yet, and to get the 1.5x EQM from British Airways premium economy, I'd like the long haul segments to be on BA. There are several options for the onward flights - the domestic SLC to either ORD or DFW on AA, followed by BA to LHR and on to BLR. However, on the return, the only flight that BA.com gives me is BLR to LHR on BA, followed by LHR to DFW on AA. Turns out PHX is the only connection point if I want to fly from LHR to the US gateway on BA, and the same night to SLC on AA. If I fly via ORD or LAX (on BA, or even AA), there is no connection that night to SLC.

London (LHR) to Phoenix (PHX) — Sun, Nov 13. British Airways 289. Dep: 2:30 pm Arr: 6:20 pm. Premium economy (T)

Thanks very much.

Yes, either BA phone support or Travel Agent can add domestic flight manually, even it's not showing you on BA.com.  There are various reasons on why online booking engine can not select some flights as online booking engine works based on template, but agent selects flights manually based on partner airlines flight eligibility and routing knowledge.  British Airways has history of flight delay between London and South Indian airports, and customer service is not helpful, so we do not recommend to book separate tickets, specifically in your case.

Thank you Patelbhai. Can a travel agent add a domestic leg to an itinerary that I booked on the BA website? If so, will the original booking and the added leg have the same PNR and ticket number? If same PNR, but different ticket number, will the gate agent through check the bags? Will the airline also help with rebooking if IRROPS if it's a single PNR but different ticket numbers?

rated:
Patelbhai

Looking for a one way ticket for my mother-in-law from BOM to IAD (Metro DC Region). Any thoughts on pricing. Dates are flexible, looking for 1st-2nd week in May.

Thanks,

rated:
Hi Patel Bhai,

Looking to buy IAD to BOM (6/15/2016) & BOM to RDU (7/10/2016) & another ticket IAD to BOM (6/15/2016) & BOM to RDU (7/20/2016). Looking to buy asap. Thanks

rated:
how about the security in india? there are always news about rape in india. i hope i can go there someday, but alone

rated:
MichaelMacmanus said:   how about the security in india? there are always news about rape in india. i hope i can go there someday, but alone

As long as precautions are taken there is nothing to worry for India.. events are happening in all country, some gets highlighted and some are not....  

To have good experience, normally avoid to explore alone in non-public area with unknown person/driver/guide, which is applicable to any country...

rated:
Hi Patel bhai,

I am looking for tickets for India trip from Chicago to Mumbai. From April 30th till May 29. I am seeing a UA deal $744 on the UA own site.

Sat, Apr 30, 2016: ORD -FRA - BOM 6:00 pm - 1:05 am
Sun, May 29, 2016: BOM -ZRH - ORD 12:50 am - 12:25 pm

I prefer total duration not to exceed 22-23 hours although I can manage some extra hours because I am traveling alone.

I am not a fan of UA so I am open to other flight/airline options. Do you think any other airlines/flight options can beat that deal? Is it wise to wait anymore or get this UA flight booked asap?

Any advise is appreciated. Thank you.
UG.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.
  • 179808182 83
  • Page
  • Previous 40

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016